Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILS JNKY

Sea Plane Pilots Assoc
Has any one heared any new news out of airtran, other than the people who got letters for the January class that starts the 3rd???:cool:

What's up at Airtran? Profits

This has probably already been mentioned but I will echoe it if it has been said already.

- Things are really looking good at AirTran.
- Plan on making a profit for 4th quarter and the year.
- A continuous flow of pilots are supposed to be hired throughout next year at a rate of 15 pilots every 21 days starting in January.
- Word from the company is that probably three to five new cities will be added in '03 in addition to new routes "connecting cities" already in the system.

It looks like Airtran is sneaking up on a lot of people. There are a lot of smiles coming from the "higher-ups" at this company. They are not telling everything but we can see by their attitudes that the company is definitely going in the right direction while just about everyone else is "dying".

My dad told me that about 30 years ago there was a small airline that not many people had heard about that was begining to make the news. At the time Eastern, Pan Am, Braniff, and TWA "ruled the skies". This little airline is now called Delta.

There is no doubt in my mind that AirTran will someday be a household name everywhere in this country. For those of you who want to get in on the "ground floor", be sure you get a friend to walk in a resume for you.

Incidentally, there are new rumors that soon they will only accept recommendations/resumes that are accompanied by a letter specifying why we should hire someone. (ie - you've flown with an Airtran pilot and they can attest to your skills and personality)

Good Luck!!

Re: What's up at Airtran? Profits

Jake said:
- Plan on making a profit for 4th quarter and the year.
-

For clarification- we already made a profit for the second and third quarters, so we are looking to also be profitable for the fourth quarter-and also for the year.

Latest resources

Back