Airtran would consider merger or carve out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,

That was well thought out. I'll just add what Herb said recently.

"Quality of Life is having a job."

I hope you're right. I don't want any part of a merger. I'd take a buyout or asset sale anyday over merging with a younger pilot group who thinks they deserve what we've built up over the past 39 years.

No offense intented by that. Just my opinion,
Gup

Lear,

I hope you're right. I don't want any part of a merger. I'd take a buyout or asset sale anyday over merging with a younger pilot group who thinks they deserve what we've built up over the past 39 years.

Gup

Very good point. Like I said, Airtran is just a big regional that should be either bought by Republic or merged with them. I think they would fit in nice with that group.

Very good point. Like I said, Airtran is just a big regional that should be either bought by Republic or merged with them. I think they would fit in nice with that group.

Yawn . . . . Hey, comet man . . . . these pots and pans aren't clean enough. You're going to have to stay later and do a better job.

Retarded flame.

I agree with the posters on the UAL/cal thread. What's important are the long term affects- getting set too hard on one form of SLI or another is very shortsighted. AT is a growing company and wn is VERY well positioned.

IF this possible merger will put the combined entity in a stronger position, than we ought to help facilitate that and not get too wrapped up in the greed of the million varied possibilities of an SLI. Frontier was a very different thing and probably wasnt going to happen- but I did feel like many of my brethren's attitudes were militant and short sighted.

Last edited:
Lear,

Gup
None taken. :beer:

It's not about "deserving" anything, it's about keeping your Quality of Life, that's all. Not personal, just life. :)

That seems to be the best way to help Airtran. Afterall they are really just a regional that flies some 737's. They can compete with Republic.
InstructorDude has surfaced again with his typical anti-AAI drivel.

Go play in the road little boy.

Latest resources

Back