Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DCitrus9

Son of a son of a sailor
WTF? I though we got rid of the bad apples of the union, but now the new guys close the message board. At least a little discussion or explanation would have been in order. More of the mushroom style of leadership...
Does anybody have a clue of what prompted this?

P.S. preemptive "sshhhh" for Prof. Joe Vee, et al.

What bad apples in the union? When I was at AirTran back in 2001 and 2002, you had a great group of folks in the NPA.

I was just in recurrent and I asked one of the union guys in our class about it. rumor was, the company asked them to shut it down, makes no sense so I asked. Only because we are in the middle of a move to a larger office (same building) and it was supposed to be up again by the end of the week. we can all relax and it is not a perminate thing.

Thanks for the update. That certainly contradicts the "perminant" closure statement...

AirTran Buddy Pass

Anyone have an PDF of the buddy pass? I need to fax off one, and the web site form didn't work.

Thanks Lifter. PM me and I'll send you my email addy
Thanks

Hi guys,

PMFJI, but union message boards are always a touchy subject. They do A LOT of good...getting information out, answering guys questions, providing a community and so forth.

The bad side is that for every poster, there are 10-15 lurkers, so after a bit, only the really obnoxious people post, and they all have an agenda of some sort. Ususally the regular people give up trying to separate the wheat from the chaff and leave.

Plus there is the whole uninformed rampant rumor issue and the resulting rabid fingerpointing. If I was an elected rep, I would steer clear and stick to an email list.

Problem is, no union website is ever secure. There is always at least one company man that passes the info over to the company. With this in mind, it is VERY tempting just to bag the whole idea.

OTOH, as meanstreak said, you can set up a new forum in a snap. Problem is, now you're airing your laundry in public, and administering a "private" forum without current employee lists is a nightmare, and so unsecure it might as well be public.

With this in mind, most people thing its better for the union to run their own sites...usually when the union honchos get mad and threaten to pull the plug, the idea of a "public" union form makes them reconsider.

Nu

I was told its because there is too much liability involved. If someone mentioned something about an illegal job action it could be used as evidence. Isn't this what happend at Delta and AA?

I agree with NuGuy.

I think I logged on our union's web site message board twice in 3.5 years.

Occasionally something good is discussed there but 90% of the time people that posting on that website, I wouldn't talk to in real life for 10 seconds, so why waist my time reading their opinionated cr@p.

you know who you are...Splus12
:)

Last edited:
Fly-By-Cable said:
Occasionally something good is discussed there but 90% of the time people that posting on that website, I wouldn't talk to in real life for 10 seconds, so why waist my time reading their opinionated cr@p.
I guess it's ok that you expect people to "waist" their time reading YOUR "opinionated cr@p" on THIS board, since you took the time to post it, huh? Typical.

They know you you are, too. :)

Latest resources

Back