Airtran, union make agreement with Dispatchers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

Airtran can settle the MX and Dispatchers contracts but not the pilots nor the flight attendants=? The people that actual spend the most time with the passengers.

Over 5 years to talk about 18 sections=SAD !! I wished everyone had a Gordon Bethune to run their company.

No wonder the tea party is gaining strength !! American people are getting tired of CEOs/Presidents getting million dollar bonuses and raises every year and nothing for the workers.

Then have the balls to send a letter to our addresses at home, stating how we suck at on-time performance (17th out of 18th) and wanting the pilots to do everything they can to watch the times (DOT) to help the company. I am asking they no longer send this to my address at home. We have memos and bulletins for company info. please I do not want to come home to read that garbage. Do You think it could be that we suck at on-time cause your workers dont care about the customers nor the company anymore?? MGT 101 !!! Pissed off employers, pissed off customers.

What happen in America to treat people how you want to be treated=?

Not to mention our union has not given us any negotiating updates in a month and a half! No talk of strike votes or anything. I believe that Linden might be in Kolsk's back pocket. Never have been impressed with the guy anyway. We cannot go back any further then we already have. Only hope is a strilke!

Sounds like 9 days of negotiations over the next couple weeks. All sections will be on the table and if no movement sounds like we will start moving toward self help. Should be an interesting couple weeks. Hope they are more vocal about the next couple weeks to whip the pilot group into a frenzy leading up to the strike vote.

Airtran can settle the MX and Dispatchers contracts but not the pilots nor the flight attendants=? The people that actual spend the most time with the passengers.
My bet is the dispatchers and mechanics are still paid substantially less than their peers at other airlines. Airtran pilots could have had a contract with small improvements years ago.

Over 5 years to talk about 18 sections=SAD !!
Do you remember the TA our union leadership agreed to and recommended to our pilot group during the summer of 2007? Was the company really supposed to negotiate with the NPA when it was pretty clear that ALPA was coming onto the property a year ago at this time?

Not to mention our union has not given us any negotiating updates in a month and a half! No talk of strike votes or anything. I believe that Linden might be in Kolsk's back pocket. Never have been impressed with the guy anyway. We cannot go back any further then we already have. Only hope is a strilke!
The endgame is getting closer than you think. Our union leaders and ALPA have a strategy for the negotiations and strike vote. Their opinion is that Spirit possibly took their strike vote too soon and have possibly lost some pilot momentum. All sections going on the table over the next 3 weeks. When the company refuses to negotiate in good faith and offer us a serious proposal, it will be very easy to convince even the fence riders that the company does not want to give the pilots anything even though we continue to do a good job day in and day out.

Throwing insults around does nothing but divide the group playing into managements hands.

Save Your Money.

Sad some people are still on the fence, YOU ARE LOSING 20,000.00-30,000 A YEAR !!

We will see their bonuses here soon !!

HAVOC causes more problems ( ie ASA) 30% on time in 2007.

Thinking about sitting in the crew room and handing out leflets about how much you are losing daily,monthly,yearly compared to JB and AL. And losing in 401K matching(AL) gives 13.5%. somone has to take the time..

Sad some people are still on the fence, YOU ARE LOSING 20,000.00-30,000 A YEAR !!

We will see their bonuses here soon !!

HAVOC causes more problems ( ie ASA) 30% on time in 2007.

Thinking about sitting in the crew room and handing out leflets about how much you are losing daily,monthly,yearly compared to JB and AL. And losing in 401K matching(AL) gives 13.5%. somone has to take the time..
Not surprising some people are fence riders or don't want to rock the boat. Some people are leveraged to the max and living paycheck to paycheck. Others are looking around or possible know people that have lost their jobs recently, and are scared to death of our country's 16-17% real unemployment rate (U6 number).

The reality is Airtran actually performs better during time of economic weakness in this country as consumers look for better value and the price of energy typically drops and can actually remain profitable even with substantial increases in our next contract.

Funny how they are so proud to settle a contract for 20 people thinking they have a cost advantage. Then they push crews to whitlow and have gate returns and canceled flights becuse there sh%$y scheduling department cant pull there head out of the A#@.

BR715. I got a negotiations update just a couple weeks ago! It basically said they got knowhere, but it was an update.....

Sending letters to your house is union busting 101.

It gets to your wife or sign. other before you get home from a trip. They ask you why you are about to lose your job because the company says the union isn't playing nice and the performance is suffering because of you. Furloughs might be around the corner, yada, yada, yada.

Divide and conquer. You have to see through the smoke and mirrors. The company will do ANYTHING they legally can to save money and reap a bigger bonus.

Expect it. Don't be surprised.

You can always just mail them back!

Latest resources

Back