Airtran Travel Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

~~~^~~~

Anyone know how to figure out which gate an Airtran Flight is going to depart out of ahead of time? I bought some tickets for a business trip Friday and darned if AirTran's web site does not provide this info.

No dig on AirTran, but the web site could be improved. Delta's is better for providing the information that business travellers in a hurry need and AirTran does not have a WAP enabled site for all the folks with PDAs who need connecting flight information.

~~~ Update ~~~

AirTran's reservations line says that they do not have this information, that they have no idea which gate their flights operate out of. Hmmm. This is probably the last AirTran ticket I'm buying - Delta simply provides better service for the same cost.

Flame suit on.

Rez:

Good idea, but, AirTran's refund policy is not as good as Delta's. They will not refund the money, whereas Delta gives a 24 hour grace period after booking. So this is reason #2 for not flying AirTran.

All I want to know is what flippin gate the flight operates out of, but apparently AirTran has no idea until the last minute. AirTran like their customers to book online, check in online and perform other functions that save their employees time, but, if you need connecting fight information for your - forget it.

Last edited:
AirTran is a little behind the times when it comes to technology. We can't even list ourselves online, we have to call. I do think there is a 95% chance you'll go outta C concourse though.

~~~^~~~ said:
Anyone know how to figure out which gate an Airtran Flight is going to depart out of ahead of time? I bought some tickets for a business trip Friday and darned if AirTran's web site does not provide this info.

No dig on AirTran, but the web site could be improved. Delta's is better for providing the information that business travellers in a hurry need and AirTran does not have a WAP enabled site for all the folks with PDAs who need connecting flight information.

~~~ Update ~~~

AirTran's reservations line says that they do not have this information, that they have no idea which gate their flights operate out of. Hmmm. This is probably the last AirTran ticket I'm buying - Delta simply provides better service for the same cost.

Flame suit on.

I can't blame you. You get what you pay for.

Uppercrust said:
I can't blame you. You get what you pay for.
They are the exact same price. Most of the time they are, so much so that I have alternating legs booked on Delta.

But you are correct. My airplane will be sitting in its hangar. The best service is my service. :)

In the past I have been impressed by AirTran's service. That is why the comparison today is surprising.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I cant think of many airlines that do post ACCURATE gate information too far in advance. A quick look at Southwest's website only lets you check gates for today and chances are what gate Delta is saying that the flight will come in today will most likely not be the same tomorrow. Things change, flights get delayed and gates fill up. If your only complaint about us is that we dont post tomorrows gate information until tomorrow than were doing pretty good.

AF

Flights don't always go out of the same gate, and for a reason. Gate space is limited at ATL, and to maximize the available gates, you have to be flexible. The alternative would be much more sitting around on the ramp or taxiways waiting for the gate that looked like such a great idea two days ago, but is now occupied because of delays in the Northeast, or what have you.

You CAN check the gate for your flight on the internet site, but generally within about 4 to 6 hours before departure. It's really not that big of a deal in ATL, you'll most likely go out of "C", but some flights are out of "D". Sit in any waiting area in ATL, and you will hear constant PA announcements for Delta gate changes, and they have 6 concourses to switch them around . . . . so if your travel plans all hinge on what gate you will be going out of, you're hosed either way, Chief.

I use Delta's website frequently, as I do ours. I like our updated "flight info" better (which is where you find the gate info), but Delta's ability to show a seat map is a nice feature that I wish we had. We have an automated flightinfo line, too, where you can speak the flight number, and they tell you if it is on time, or what the ETA or ETD will be.

And last, to 180ToTheMarker, you can list yourself on line, through the "today" site.

And last, to 180ToTheMarker, you can list yourself on line, through the "today" site.

Thanks Ty...didn't know that. Is that only on the intranet or from at home as well?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back