AirTran Transition Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Critter717

I'm looking for any input from Southwest guys as to how fast they think the following will happen based on general experience as to how stuff works in reality at SWA:

1. How long to get all pilots/fa's through pool training?
2. How long to get pilots through the Class II/WATRS training?
3. How many upgrades can be done per month or how long to get the captain vacancies filled?

This last one is more of a self centered ramble...

4. I'm a line holding 737 CA and could be a line holder 717 CA at either domicile. I would be no worse than top 17% at BWI, MDW, or MCO on the Southwest side...even better out west. This is the most unconventional bid I've been faced with up to this point and I, and I'm sure many lurkers, would appreciate any pros and cons before the trigger is pulled on the 15th.

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking for any input from Southwest guys as to how fast they think the following will happen based on general experience as to how stuff works in reality at SWA:

1. How long to get all pilots/fa's through pool training?
2. How long to get pilots through the Class II/WATRS training?
3. How many upgrades can be done per month or how long to get the captain vacancies filled?

This last one is more of a self centered ramble...

4. I'm a line holding 737 CA and could be a line holder 717 CA at either domicile. I would be no worse than top 17% at BWI, MDW, or MCO on the Southwest side...even better out west. This is the most unconventional bid I've been faced with up to this point and I, and I'm sure many lurkers, would appreciate any pros and cons before the trigger is pulled on the 15th.

Thanks in advance!
SWA is cost averse so:
1)No sooner than absolutely required (saves money).
2)I have been told by end of next year (saves money and being done during pc/pt).
3)Absolutely the last contractual day identified in the agreement, 2015 (saves money).

4) I recommend you go for QOL and not commute, let the dust settle.

No pool, we got FAA approved for DRY raft training to be done during recurrent.

Overheard a conversation with Management type that ATL 737 base will be announced first of next year SO does this mean another base is coming for ETOPS? I'm hearing HNL!

Later,
KBB

No pool, we got FAA approved for DRY raft training to be done during recurrent.

I had heard that as well but page 9 of the November "Onboard" is sounding like folks need to be getting suited up. Good on 'em if they can get it waived.

Flight attendants will be required to get wet. Pilots will get dry training and all of the training will be complete by the end of 2012 is what my Chief Pilot told me this week.

Last edited:
On that note, had a FA with us today that brought up a good point. Some of the FA's can't swim. Now what? Can they bypass ETOPS training?

Start taking swimming lessons.. or look for a new a new job.
safely issue.
But its honestly not a big event.. we have a lot of AT fa's that aren't exactly mermaids, they managed fine.
maybe santa will bring you a canyon blue speedo.

Latest resources

Back