AirTran running classes ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly4$

Just noticed someone posting having a class date at AirTran. Does anybody know what these classes are? How many are still on furlough? Haven't been paying attention for a while.

Supposedly two new classes of 15 pilots each to cover new MKE base and attritions and furloughees who never came back. Don't quote me on that; should start hiring in full toward the end of the year in anticipation of new deliveries of 737-800s in 2011.

Is MKE going to go super junior, or is there enough demand from the current pilots that it should not be junior? (Easier commute for some)

MKE 737 Captain didn't go all that junior (Nov 2004 hire - maybe 10-20 numbers junior to most junior ATL captain). I think most of the MKE 737 FO spots were taken by our FOs that live in the Chicago/MKE area (former Skyway guys, etc). My bet is most new hires come to ATL into both 717 and 737.

Any idea when that'll be happening?
Over the next 2 months as the poolies are assigned classes, online with IOE complete in April / May.

There are a few pilots who bypassed recall AGAIN because they're under training contracts. Those folks WILL come back, probably half a dozen or so, but don't know when.

Over the next 2 months as the poolies are assigned classes, online with IOE complete in April / May.

There are a few pilots who bypassed recall AGAIN because they're under training contracts. Those folks WILL come back, probably half a dozen or so, but don't know when.

I was referring to new hires from off the street. Glad to see some growth and success in this industry.

I was referring to new hires from off the street. Glad to see some growth and success in this industry.
I doubt we'll see many this year. Probably interviewing late 4th quarter this year for 1st quarter 2011 hiring to account for new deliveries. The projections showed ASM's flat with the new aircraft but I'm not buying it...

I would expect the next two month of classes (poolies and recall byepassers) would be it as we would have our summer schedule 2010 pilots on property at that point.

Next 737 delivery scheduled for March 2011 with 7 total for 2011 and 8 for 2012 as of right now. Figure 10 new hires per airplane (starting approx 3-4 months before March 2011 aircraft delivery) equates to approximately 150 new hires total for 2011 and 2012.

All numbers to change when Delta resumes hiring this fall and FO attrition picks up.

Latest resources

Back