Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

180ToTheMarker

12 months of October
Just curious....I initially applied to AirTran about a year ago and have updated my resume regularly, problem is, after I fax or email them my update I get no response. No "Thank you"...No "we got your resume" or anything. Is this normal? How can I be sure that the fax/email went thru?

Thanks,

Sounds like the same thing I experienced. I think they want you to work thru whoever you know there. Or go to an AirInc conference to meet them face to face.

Keep at it. Go for visit, pay a witch doctor to .....

No hiring has happened for 6-7 mo, so your resume is in the stack with 8000+, so they have a few to many to respond to, but keep trying.

Latest class just started on 4 March...6 New-Hires...

Anyone know how big the April class will be???

Yes....Having friends in high places...LOL..I have the latest info on hiring. The April class will be around the 29th with 21 new hires. Looks like 11 717 F/Os and 10 737 F/Os. Remember cash only....NO CHECKS!!

April 29th is the date I've been told. Thanks for the AC split info, although I'm sure it's subject to change.

From what I've been hearing on the JS the 737 should go junior. Do you determine class sen. with birthdate?

Cheers

Senority is by birthday. And your right all is subject to change! Maybe we should put a disclaimer at the end of every hiring phone call!!

"Your AIRTRAN hiring clas is subject to change without notice due to whatever comes up on our end and how we feel that day! Your class date is subject to who takes it before you and says "YES" Ill be there! Member FDIC..No phones were harmed in the making of this disclamer!!

I'm also in the April 29th class, Can't wait!!!!
A couple of minor detail questions:
1. Are ties required for class?
2. Are we encouraged to go home on off days on observation J/S?
3. And why the Thursday start? Is Indoc. that 1st week plus two more full weeks or what? NOT complaining, just curious.
Thanks

I'm in the class that started on March 4th.

The dress for all of ground school is "business casual", that is: no jeans, no tennis shoes and a shirt with collar. Polo/golf shirt and dockers will be fine. Having said that, about half of us wore a suit or at least a shirt and tie on the first day and from the comments of the instructor, I'd say it was appreciated.

You are highly encouraged (if not, required!) to do jump-seat rides for observation purposes prior to starting IOE. The suggested number of rides is 10, but there is nothing stopping you doing more. (Coming from the military without any Part 121 background, I intend to get most of mine done before the sims start). Therefore commuting home at weekends is very much the norm.

The indoc phase lasts 12 working days, hence the Thursday start. You will then be ready to start the aircraft-specific systems phase on a Monday.

Our first impressions of AirTran have been very postive. I think you'll like it here too.

Shag.

Any input as to 717 Vs 737 bid as a new hire at AirTran?

I know that the first shot at upgrade would probably be in the 717 so you wouldn't have to change equipment.

Any other input?

The only thing that comes to mind is unknown schedules, possibly trans-con redeyes.

Latest resources

Back