AirTran reapply

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Paul McCartney

I got shot down a few months back and am coming up on the 6 month reapplication date. Curious if anyone actually gets a second interview, or more importantly a job offer that got rejected the first time around. Is it worth my time and frustration to reapply or did I blow it when I had the chance?

AirTran reapply----yes

Hello............

Yes, I do recommend you reapply again. I was interviewed in Jan,2002, and turned down. Interviewed again in Feb, 2003 and turned down again!!!!!!

You can interview twice. I am a former DC-8 Captain for a grounded air cargo operator. I have had numerous fellow employee friends cause problems at AirTran, many now terminated, and they simply do not want any more of my kind.

Sure caused alot of upset feelings. I am from Columbus, Georgia, (Ft. Benning) and wanted to move back to the ATL area, but it just wasn't in the cards.

I do now live in the ATL area flying corporate.

I had 7 recommendations and a clean flight and employment record........they do not want any freight dogs.

To you sir, good luck and best wishes.

9drvr.

Re: AirTran reapply----yes

9drvr said:
Hello............

Yes, I do recommend you reapply again. I was interviewed in Jan,2002, and turned down. Interviewed again in Feb, 2003 and turned down again!!!!!!

You can interview twice. I am a former DC-8 Captain for a grounded air cargo operator. I have had numerous fellow employee friends cause problems at AirTran, many now terminated, and they simply do not want any more of my kind.

Sure caused alot of upset feelings. I am from Columbus, Georgia, (Ft. Benning) and wanted to move back to the ATL area, but it just wasn't in the cards.

I do now live in the ATL area flying corporate.

I had 7 recommendations and a clean flight and employment record........they do not want any freight dogs.

To you sir, good luck and best wishes.

If they don't want any freight dogs....did they just find that out on your SECOND interview? I know for a fact that they do hire freight dogs.

9drvr.

9drvr,
Sorry Im bettin a bag of Donuts that you have an old Emery jacket in your closet. It sucks for you and I think you may be better off now if you reapply. Some of the sting from they Emery Uprising is mostly gone. Some have gone else where others let go. Perosnaly I wish the ones we had hired had your attitude and not what showed up. All it took were 3 or 4 real Dr .Jekel /Mr Hydes to ruin it for you. My Comair brothers did the same thing two years ago. We then hired another Comair guy and he didnt even show up to class, no call, nuthin. We then found out he went to anotheer carrier, a good one but not a place I would have rushed too. Any way reapply if the taste is not to bad I would understand if it was.

I think it's important to note that there were 2 "former DC-8 Captains from a grounded air cargo operator" in my new hire class (Aug '02). They are both great pilots, super guys, and model employees. In my opinion, we are fortunate to have both of them at AirTran.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Sorry to hear you got turned down twice; I know the interviewing process there is less than perfect. Not just because they didn't hire me, but several other friends of mine have been turned down as well. I'll reapply and see what happens. Anyone know of someone actually hired from a second interview?

Best wishes to all. We're all in this thing together:)

What happened to these terminated guys? What made them so bad? How did they get through the interview? Where are they now?

Latest resources

Back