• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIRTRAN Presidential Elections.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since when has our management team shown any willingness or propensity to work together with anybody? "Mutual good" is a concept completely lost on these bozos! The only "good" these greedy thugs are out for is their own "good" deal! I am deeply concerned for anybody who has been here more than two years and does not realize this by now!!

what has MB done? What kind of results did we attain when he was on the NC? Honest questions....

RV

Maybe you ought to review the NPA "opener" put out by MB. It was a very fair document to both sides, and it had reasonable pay and benefit targets, and the sort of language we should be looking for in our next contract.

MB was demonized by management because he was informed, effective and couldn't be threatened, bought, or fooled- that's exactly why he is the best choice for President.

The very idea that we should let management dictate who negotiates for the pilot group is ludicrous, and buying into that "logic" is what got AP and MS recalled in the first place . . . . but hey, vote for whoever you want to . . . . Tommy'll appreciate having at least one vote, besides his and the "Flapless Wonder". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
can you post MB's opener or a link to it. Just trying to make an informed decision when the time comes.

RV

can you post MB's opener or a link to it. Just trying to make an informed decision when the time comes.

RV

Log on to the npa-atl.org. Under "Committees" click on "Negotiations". You'll see a link for NPA Contract Proposal. That is from late 2005 when MB was NC Chairman.

While it may be true that Mike wasn't able to get us a contract, he also didn't send us three crappy TA's to vote on. Look at what the company wanted. At least he knew what we didn't want.

As far as I'm concerned, he was on the right path, and him being removed and all we've been through has just been wasted time. Seeing what the choices are, he's got my vote.

DA should withdraw his nomination as well. Anybody who was affiliated with the scheduling section of our TA (read DA and CK) should never be allowed to do union work again. I've heard it said that "these guys are really smart." While that may be the case, I've never witnessed either one of them doing or saying anything particularly intelligent, quite the reciprocal as a matter of fact. Like our training dept, with all of their "experience" that DOES NOT translate into good instruction, DA's "intellect" has yet to bear fruit for anybody but himself.

Guys...this is not SWA. We do not have the luxury of being able to sit down with Herb & Co. over a dinner and get things agreed upon.

Having said that, it is my opinion that we do not need a union President that management likes, but rather one that management respects.

Management appears to truely not like Mike (MB). Good! But I believe they respect him because he is smart, informed, and has long range vision. When Mike tried to tell our union leadership that their track of appeasement was wrong, he was removed. Now we, the pilot group, have removed that very same leadership.

Mike was right back then and he is right now. He will take the firm stance necessary. He will revamp the committees with solid leaders with vision. He will implement the blueprint and arrange the troops in the proper order to achieve at the very least, an "industry standard" contract with a number of the portions being "industry leading".

Don't you think you deserve this after all we've contributed to make this airline a success despite being surrounded by incompetence at almost every turn? Look yourself in the mirror and remind yourself that you are a MAJOR airline pilot for a company that makes a profit year after year at your expense and could make even more profit it they'd fix the weaknesses in their operation. These fixes will more than pay for the improvements in pay (substantially more than TA2 had), QOL, and work rules.

It is now time to rally behind a proven leader and let the genesis begin.

My vote will unequivocably be cast for Mike Best for President.

Last edited:
i flew very recently with MB,i didn't know he was running for president.we talked union stuff but he never mentioned to me that he was running.if he reads this i would suggest him to be more proactive,
to let the pilots group know what he stands for.
so far,only JS has been out there campaigning,
which is what we must expect from all the candidates in order to make an educated decision.
we cannot afford another fiasco.we must elect the right person for the job.

Well said Ty Webb and DonVeritas. I spoke with MB and he was busy last week with the birth of his new little girl. His position paper will be out shortly. I believe once you read his position paper and vision for this union, there won't be much of a decision on who best to lead this union. I will be voting for MB.

Latest resources

Back