AirTran PIC requirement.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

-9Capt

I was in the schoolhouse yesterday (PC check) and the word around the campfire is that AirTran is dropping the 500hr PIC 121 as a hard requirement and looking at individual experience. I got this from two instructors who are both trying to get a family member hired. My guess is that high time FO's will be getting a second look.

Who should be "getting a second look" are the many high time Captains flying for the fractionals or on other biz jets who have been shut out of consideration. These are the ones who have been getting the big shaft because of this stupid 500 hr PIC 121 requirement.

None of the other major players discriminate against this sector of the industry the way Air Tran does. They see the benefit in a diverse mix of pilots instead of strictly hiring regional Captains.

I very much agree Yank, some of the AirTran capts. have been trying for a couple of years to get me an interview. Heck, I even wrote Gary and Clauss a letter about my interest in getting hired.

I really hope it’s true, I'll tell all my "currently ineligible" friends to update their online application asap, just in case!

“Heck, I even wrote Gary and Clauss a letter about my interest in getting hired.”

I hope you spelled his name Klaus and not Clauss when you wrote him the letter; you know how Germans value paying attention to details :)

Latest resources

Back