• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran NPA Board Approves ALPA Merger Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will say it again, we will blame the union when times are bad and disregard the union when times are good. No union makes a decision on routes, fleets, fuel hedges, or bankruptcies. Piss poor management does and your anger is aimed at the wrong culprit.

It is a typical consumer attitude pilots have with thier union

Thanks had almost 7 years with ALPA=I know what they tell you! They tell you how they are soing to strong arm management. Just as they have done with all the airlines I listed earlier. You have to look at the past to educate yourself for the future. ALPA's past is not impressive to me or the folks I talk to.

No to ALPA !!

Eagle757--I thought you were at Eagle. But I was pointing out how the small carriers get the short end of the stick when it comes to ALPA National.

Hey, enjoy the ride. Save a few bucks on representation. As for not liking ALPA, the integration was just the icing on the cake. I put in 13 years of ALPA membership before that including one at ARW after the MVA merger. But that's ancient history. I'm sure things have changed.

But I'd watch my back if they assign Roland Wilder to AirTran. Be careful what you wish for. In other words, even if the AT MEC is paying his fee, he still works for and takes orders from ALPA National.

Rez: What does it matter to me? Because I'm not a union political hack and I actually care what happens to my friend's careers.

TC

Rez: What does it matter to me? Because I'm not a union political hack and I actually care what happens to my friend's careers.

TC

So what are you doing about it besides posting on FI?

And if this is all you are doing, why not come up with solid arguments instead of slick insults?

ALPA is not perfect... it has its faults just like any organization comprised of humans...

So, if you are genuine about ALPA being a poor choice for Airtran...

Then show us that you understand the NPA is not working and some alternative is attractive. Since no other in house or IBT is interested and ALPA is the only choice...

Tell us, why the NPA, is still better than ALPA.

Finally, tell us, since ALPA has a good chance, what you like and dislike about ALPA..... in other words, what can the FL pilots learn from your bad experiences with ALPA....

If you really care about your friends careers and ALPA is most likely going to happen, then help your friends not make the same mistakes.

Good ALPA can take our information right across the street to the big D ! =Smart !

Let see you they are going to work for

15000 pilots or 1700... Heck ASA has had ALPA for years and now the DL ALPA is voting to put DL pilots in DCI carriers if they are furloughed. ASA/Comair/DCI ALPA Pilots are just excited about that.

GREAT RESOURCES ALPA!! I had your great resources as many pilots here at Airtran have, and you showed us nothing !

No THANKS, lets keep the family to family like AA,SWA.
So by that logic we should get rid of FLICA,Signature,CrewTRAC(sabre),Gate gourmet,XM,COKE products.
Keep it in the family? Where have you been for the last four years. Npa couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag. At a minimum you at least get a dues reduction.

I think if the ALPA haters had first hand witness to the NPA's ineffectiveness they may have a better understanding. I've been at Airtran for 2 years and my quality of life has significantly decreased under the same contract. I don't think that Airtran pilots think ALPA is going to save us, it is just that we need resources!! Currently we don't have an active lawyer. She is out on medical. A union without a lawyer!!?? Unions were put in place to protect the worker. Yeah contracts are great but in the end of the day, I wanna know that I am personally protected. If I were involved in an incident I dont feel very secure that the NPA could protect me. That could ruin my entire career. ALPA has better resources to protect ME. You are right tho, in the end of the day ALPA is a money hungry entity and if push came to shove may screw us. But at least I have more protection from management and if I ever am involved in an incident.

All you haters need to ask a Colgan pilot if he thinks ALPA is worth the money today. Wait, they haven't paid any dues yet, but ALPA responded to their accident full force.

You guys don't get it, do you?

Finally, tell us, since ALPA has a good chance, what you like and dislike about ALPA..... in other words, what can the FL pilots learn from your bad experiences with ALPA....

If you really care about your friends careers and ALPA is most likely going to happen, then help your friends not make the same mistakes.

Rez--My statement about ALPA legal is a biggie. Just remember that when AT is in play and ALPA sends its vaunted legal team they work for ALPA National and are not under the command of the MEC.

NPA didn't get a contract for their members. What will ALPA do within the constraints of the RLA to motivate AT management? What force will they bring to bear to wring a new CBA out of AirTran?

Who will represent the AT pilots at the local level? I'm guessing it will be the same people who worked for NPA.

When push comes to shove at Bal Harbor, the big boys get their way. Some are more equal than others.

As long as they know their place, they won't be disappointed.

I'm not going to bother with the inside baseball stuff. They'll learn on their own.

TC

Latest resources

Back