AirTran Nose Gear Collapse??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This sucks. Glad no one was hurt.

Whine Lover - You sir are without a doubt the lowest jerk I have ever seen spew forth on this board. Better watch your back. That Karma can be a real B#tch.

Whine: You are an @ss among @sses. The veritable King of all @sses. Your total inability to separate your disdain for AirTran/LCCs in general and common decorum marks you as a worthless POS. Congratulations.

The only thing we fly into MEM is the 717.

That pretty much sucks. I would be interested to see photos, used to be based there and can only imagine it happened just north of the ramp before you get abeam the fire hall. There's a really dark grassy area that I could see that happening if you didn't know the area well and the FO was heads-down - an extra pair of eyes always helps.

I was in MEM last week and was heads-down reading the checklist when the CA taxiied past the 18C entrance because it isn't marked for sh*t in MEM. Your first indication is reaching the 9/27 hold short line. 2 sets of eyes are worth a lot...

That would be the 4th airplane that I know of that dropped into a ditch in MEM. Ditch b*tch (a saab) behind the PCL maintenance hangar by Wilson (FBO), an Avro a mechanic taxiied too fast into the side of the terminal and jetbridge (unsalvageable), the MD-11 that idiot chick snapped the main gear off while landing in a 18 kt crosswind on hour #137 of remedial training O.E. (FedEx), and this one. Lots of crap to happen at one airport, curse of Elvis leftover I guess.

The only thing we fly into MEM is the 717.

That pretty much sucks. I would be interested to see photos, used to be based there and can only imagine it happened just north of the ramp before you get abeam the fire hall. There's a really dark grassy area that I could see that happening if you didn't know the area well and the FO was heads-down - an extra pair of eyes always helps.

I was in MEM last week and was heads-down reading the checklist when the CA taxiied past the 18C entrance because it isn't marked for sh*t in MEM. Your first indication is reaching the 9/27 hold short line. 2 sets of eyes are worth a lot...

That would be the 4th airplane that I know of that dropped into a ditch in MEM. Ditch b*tch (a saab) behind the PCL maintenance hangar by Wilson (FBO), an Avro a mechanic taxiied too fast into the side of the terminal and jetbridge (unsalvageable), the MD-11 that idiot chick snapped the main gear off while landing in a 18 kt crosswind on hour #137 of remedial training O.E. (FedEx), and this one. Lots of crap to happen at one airport, curse of Elvis leftover I guess.

There's one more.......back in 96 a lear taxied right off the taxiway into the mud going to 18L (now 18C) from the AMR Combs (now Signature) ramp. He was in a hurry to get his execs out at about 7AM and the windscreen was fogged over. Couldnt wait a couple more minutes for it to clear and went straight into the mud. Combination of looking straight into the sun and a fogged up windscreen led to his boo boo.

Whine:
A very tasteless post. I don't even think a pos like mryflyer would post something as classless as this. Then again, he might. Either way, its tasteless and should be taken down!

Funny, I thought his post was very similar to some of the stellar PM's you have been sending me lately. Of course his was lacking racial epitaths you like to include but all in all much like some of your greatest hits.

So Anyhow....does anyone know what happened to the AT plane...surely AT must have put something out to their pilots.

:mad: MOD INPUT.

I AM LEAVING THIS UP HERE SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHY HE GETS A WEEK OFF. THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST POSTS I HAVE EVER SEEN ON THIS SITE. TRULY IN POOR TASTE.

LONGHORN

Needs more than a week for that crap. :mad:

On another note, Kansas State? :eek:

Other than hearing about the MEM episode, it was a pretty good week.

Irish ranked #5 (thanks Rutgers, Georgia, and K-State) and my Steelers are still mathematically alive.

I'm glad everyone was OK.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back