Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran military flight time correction?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NJMelf

Recalled Herc Driver
Hey I'm looking for a little help getting the mins for Airtran, and I'm not sure what they use for an adjustment to military time. Anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Don't think there is one. I've never seen it advertised and I interviewed there about two months ago. They asked me during one of my one-on-one interviews whether or not the hours I had on my resume were straight hours with no correction, which they were. It seemed that they expected it that way.

Of course there should be a correction, say mil. hours X 3. I've spent the last few years with a 121 regional, and I think I've gotten worse as a pilot since my mil. time. Nothing like logging block sitting in the O'Hare penalty box and then arguing with a mil. guy for fun about how my hours are just as good as his!

Flame away!!!

I thought so.

No banter from me. I just have to get this resume done for a job fair tomorrow. That makes sense- I have never seen a correction advertised.
I wonder why they don't give one?!

Good luck to you. The conference approach can work with AirTran, just be patient because it still takes some time to get the call even if your resume is flagged. Do what you can to make a very positive, very friendly impression on the person and if you can throw anything in that demonstrates AitTran is your dream job, and a reason why, that will help. AirTran still has people leave for "better" jobs, even in training, and that of course irks them. If you have a contact in the company, have them contact the person you talk to at the conference, I've heard that moves things along. I'm not an employee there (waiting for interview results), but this is what I've heard. Again, good luck.

I talked with Airtran at a job fair last year and at that time, and I doubt it has changed, they did NOT have any military conversion.

No military time adjustment. They understand the difference in how the time is logged. Good luck. I think you'll like it here.

Can't you always ad the .2 per sortie for taxi?

I don't think so. It's up to you to make your resume match your logbook. I don't think there is anything in the FARs allowing you to make any across-the-board correction, but I could be wrong. If you want to be in the hot-seat in an interview trying to explain why the numbers don't match, good luck.

Again, I specifically asked the Airtran hiring folks about the correction and they said they do not allow any correction.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back