• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran management pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lots of changes coming SWA's way. This purchase is one of them. I hope you still have that cheerleader spirit in 3 years. I see the pendulum swinging the other way for SWA. No one stays on top forever ( career wise not business wise).I personally don't think SWA is the best place to go right now if you're a new hire seeking left seat progression. I also don't think I will ever see the contract you guys enjoy right now. That was a nice ride funded by a great fuel hedge. Certainly will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I flipped my care switch to off a while back, so I got nothing say about SLI or peoples feelings.

Dude, talking facts to these guys is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it irritates the pig.

Well Crashpad, taking criticism from the line pilots is one of the hazards of union work and you are entitled to your opinion. One of these days down the road when the integration is complete it will be interesting to recount the events of the last year and put them into perspective for people. The truth is a little less clear than the picture you paint.

As I said before, there are those like you who supported SIA 1 who are angry at the MEC. That said, if it's such an overwhelmin majority as you allege, why then were leas than half of the MEC reps who voted NO for SIA 1 recalled? 4 of the 7 were never even subjected to a recall VOTE.

I stand by what I said before. If you'd like to talk about it over the phone, you know how to find me. Take care, and fly safe.

The good part of all this is that you and PCL will probably never be a rep or officer in SWAPA. Your reputation will follow you for a long time. You will have to really prove yourself worthy before you get a chance. Good luck. It is a thankless job that needs to be done. It also takes a special person to handle the job.

Lear....i think you know the answer to why only 3 reps were recalled. MKE and MCO pilots received zero protections in AIP1, they are small domiciles, their reps actually spoke with each pilot there. The two MKE reps were yes votes until the final minutes as a sign of solidarity. A VAST MAJORITY of the 1522 ATL pilots wanted a vote on AIP1. The "threats " should have been communicated with tge pilot group. If the MEC was unified, this pilot group would have supported them. I wanted a vote due to the fact that my union leadership was divided on the interpretation of Gary Kelly's comments on 7/14. Since they were in disagreement on the weight of the threats, they should have sent it out to a vote!!

As I said before, there are those like you who supported SIA 1 who are angry at the MEC. That said, if it's such an overwhelming majority as you allege, why then were less than half of the MEC reps who voted NO for SIA 1 recalled? 4 of the 7 were never even subjected to a recall VOTE.

Hey where were the 4 out of seven based?

Here is another stumper: Why wasn't LH recalled? Surely the pilot group would fire the president.

The reason is that we can't reach them. Anyones throat we could get our boot on is out of Union work. I don't have to explain to anyone on flight info how hard it is to get fired from a Union. We fired all the Atlanta reps that voted no.

The majority that I speak of are based in Atlanta. Please tell me that you aren't using the logic that 2 bases are greater than 1 so the majority didn't want a vote. You silly goose, you are supposed to count the pilots, not the bases.

Saw you at the roadshow. No need to call. You were an instant classic. "When I got to Dallas it was real clear that our negotiating team was right. They didn't seem to care if we were ever got integrated."

Your analysis was spot on. I would like to have voted on AIP1 because I don't have to go to Dallas to come to the same conclusion.

Dude, talking facts to these guys is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it irritates the pig.

Hmm... What a surprise. ANYONE who says anything negative about any aspect of any part of SWA suddenly has Fubijaakr in solidarity. I wonder why that is...

Humvee: Don't worry about hedges. Our model still works today, and we are still doing fine. Our contract is NOT about hedging profits. They are kept separate. Our profit sharing is based on FLYING profits, with hedging gains OR losses discounted. That's why we received profit sharing for Q3 2011 despite hedge losses that quarter. And for both you AND Fubi-- seeing as how we seem to make money flying airplanes every single quarter (but one) since 1991, I wouldn't worry too much. Seeing as how we make money consistenly despite the recession (and regardless of how our hedges do, good or bad), I think our contract is safe for the foreseeable future.

Humvee: you WILL see our contract in 3 years (or less; I dunno your transition schedule), plus the few percent per year we get for COL raises.

Fubi: thanks for being consistent!

Bubba

For the record I was being critical not negative :) I just see new hire progression being slower at SWA than other carriers as a result of this deal. Progression off reserve or undesirable domicile, doesn't have to mean upgrade necessarily. But I appreciate your confidence going into section 6. Gives me some hope.

HV,

Besides AT, what other company would you like to work for besides SWA?? Is DAL hiring?, they have a lot of future retirements coming up (seat progression)...also FEDEX/UPS should be hiring...

HV,

Besides AT, what other company would you like to work for besides SWA?? Is DAL hiring?, they have a lot of future retirements coming up (seat progression)...also FEDEX/UPS should be hiring...

I'm being serious. You are not. My point is MY future is rosy from this deal, if you are just starting out in the industry SWA may not be your first pick, because of punks like me taking forever to retire. Any word on an upgrade class yet?

I'm being serious. You are not. My point is MY future is rosy from this deal, if you are just starting out in the industry SWA may not be your first pick, because of punks like me taking forever to retire. Any word on an upgrade class yet?

Actually, yes. 20 upgrades in Jan for Feb assignments. Plus 140 new hires starting in Jan that should be hitting in March timeframe should trigger another 70 or so. Then of course, some Airtran guys start transitioning that month.

Personally, I think there's lots of good things coming our way! ALL of our ways.

Bubba

For the record I was being critical not negative :).

That's the formula. Don't DARE speak ill of the God King or Canyon Blue. Any critique is negativity and YOU WILL BE PUNISHED.

You've been warned.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back