• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran management makes in-person pitch to Midwest board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does AMW(mesa) still fly BE1900 for MDX out of MCI?

yes to the lovely destinations of salina, hays, manhattan, garden city, dodge city, etc. i think this is where air midwest is headed as they've gutted the east/west coasts.

But what about my other question? (#2) There are many WI and MI airports that are Connect routes. Several remain on slide #32, too. Then look at the last point of #36.

you've lost me! what was question #2?

Fact 1: RJ's less than 50 seater are GONE. You do the math.

Fact 2: You're all going to be required to submit your RFP. Period Against everyone else, including Mesa, Freedom, chataugqua, the list goest on and on. Hope you get it.

Fact 3: RJ's WILL be part of the overall fleet strategy to look at new markets and supplement newly-added markets during off-banks. Just the way it works.

78 seat sets fly uncontensted anywheres.
79-86 seat jets fly almost as uncontenstedly, as the number purchased falls wihin the ASM limits.
86-99 seat jets fly in small numbers enough to be profitable AND remind the mainling AAI guys what could happen.

I see this taking 4-5 years to work out, some time of integraiton plan for their seniority into ours, make us respondible for their Quality Of Life right about the time we talk numbers and compensaion. Not very far-fetched, eh?

Maybe I've just had too many scotches for the evening...

Just some thoughts on M&A and the nex step behind the curtain...

who knows what they will do. some airtran pilots on here even suggested integrating the skyway folks onto the air tran list.
That would mean some 750hr BE1900 FOs being integrated into the Airtran list. Not a chance. I have a bad feeling that those guys are going to get thrown under the bus...

AirTran + Midwest = Eastern

well JL was the COO at Eastern and Conquest Sun / ValuJet were both heavily Eastern. but if you are arguing that ch. 7 is in the future i think you're wrong. the old eastern paint scheme though was nice. i will also take eastern's pay scales in todays dollars.

Maybe I've just had too many scotches for the evening...

a union bigwig now eh so it's scotch! ;) let us know when brandy is the drink of choice when you have it in the study.

keep up the fight.

Hi!

AirMidTran.

Based on what I know now (which, obviously, isn't much, since they're not merged, and there's no details of the new airline), I would apply right away.

cliff
YIP

PS-I'm not that excited about AirTran now, and no way would I go to Midwest now, but together, they could be great. Of course, they could also $uck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back