Airtran Local Executive Council Recalled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

labatt

Today the three LEC Reps who voted to not send AIP1 out to the pilots for final ratification were recalled.

73% of the ATL eligible voters voted.

Of those, 74% voted for the recall.

That's the process. However, I think the vote is a result of a "crying over spilled milk" psyche.

Here's the problem. AIP1 came out. The guys who were against it contacted their reps. The silent majority remained silent.

The MEC voted it down in accordance with the voices of the guys who expressed their opinion.

AIP2 comes out. The silent majority now realizes its a worse deal and is going to hit them in the wallet. So instead of blaming themselves for not contacting the reps in support of AIP1, they blame the reps and recall them.

That, my friends, is called closing the barn door after the horse has departed.

Good luck finding replacements. And anyone stupid enough to run for office will be a green rookie. So, essentially, you've shot yourself in the other foot. This Chinese Opera ain't over yet, but you want rookies in the batter's box.

You guys are your own worst enemy.

I haven't stopped by in 3 weeks (except for a brief moment to read/comment about AMR pilot retirements).
So AirTran's pilots have now gone from AIP1 sucks to AIP2 is great and let's throw out the bums who wouldn't let us vote on it????
Personally, I'd be glad to see the 7 no voters out of office because I think that every single AT pilot should have had the opportunity to vote on AIP1. The AT MEC could have sent it out to the membership and stated that they did not endorse it. Instead, it sounds like a very vocal minority hijacked the process.

I looked around a little bit for details on AIP2 but didn't find anything detailed. Anyone care to post/direct me to a quick list of the highlights?

Here's the problem. AIP1 came out. The guys who were against it contacted their reps. The silent majority remained silent.

The MEC voted it down in accordance with the voices of the guys who expressed their opinion.

AIP2 comes out. The silent majority now realizes its a worse deal and is going to hit them in the wallet. So instead of blaming themselves for not contacting the reps in support of AIP1, they blame the reps and recall them.

That, my friends, is called closing the barn door after the horse has departed.

Good luck finding replacements. And anyone stupid enough to run for office will be a green rookie. So, essentially, you've shot yourself in the other foot. This Chinese Opera ain't over yet, but you want rookies in the batter's box.

You guys are your own worst enemy.

Don, these reps…da__, did it again. I mean Fubijaakr, these reps lied to the pilots they were sworn to represent, and they withheld crucial info. They did not reach out to the pilots, such as showing up at crew lounges so they could find out where the majority stood. Bottom line is that the reps failed to represent the union, and that union is the pilots.

There is more to it than the votes on 1 and 2 or the differences between 1 and 2. I am not going to go into it on these boards. But I am sure you will hear it if you have any friends (friends left) to call here at Airtran ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back