• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran labor problems?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem with you, njCapt, is your sentence stating that you have some kind of authority as a captain. You do not have any authority over an agent. You have your job, they have theirs.

That seems to have been your problem my friend. Just the kind of captain I can't stand flying with.

The problem with you, njCapt, is your sentence stating that you have some kind of authority as a captain. You do not have any authority over an agent. You have your job, they have theirs.

That seems to have been your problem my friend. Just the kind of captain I can't stand flying with.

Once again, you are entitled to your opinion, though you're the one telling me I have a problem because of mine. You seem unreasonably angry because I have issues with the way things are run at AirTran, things I experienced myself not hearsay, however I voted on the conditions by choosing to leave. Is that your problem with me? Are you angry because you're essentially stuck there and aren't really happy? Is it possible that you are rationalizing the most f'ed up airline culture I have had the misery to endure, having worked for Hulas Kanodia and Robert Crandall? Whatever.

I sincerely hope you continue to be satisfied with the status quo at AirTran. Its going to be a long, miserable fight to improve things through negotiations, as I don't see the current or (probable) future management becoming enlightened on their own.

Have a nice day.

PS: A Captain's authority is dictated by an airline's GOM, policies and procedures.

net jetter you def. must have been fun to fly with. I wonder why you were at five airlines as you say. maybe your new one is the exactly thing you are looking for . make sure if you are at netjets you have your passengers salute you before you get on the corp.jet if not kick their azz off and say "respect my athourity" in your best cartman voice.you get one bad apple and you leave and whine or do you look for the good anywhere.

Hold on. According to Klaus and friends, the Captain is the "senior management representative at the gate and on the plane." Sounds like the Captain has authority to me.

Hold on. According to Klaus and friends, the Captain is the "senior management representative at the gate and on the plane." Sounds like the Captain has authority to me.

Hummm? Yeah! we did have a lot of pull in the NWA system, didn't we?:laugh:

BTW, How are you dude?

Hummm? Yeah! we did have a lot of pull in the NWA system, didn't we?:laugh:

I can still hear echoes in my head of "I don't be havin' no time for no jumpseatas." Ahhh, the pleasant demeanor of an NWA gate agent in DTW. :)

BTW, How are you dude?

I'm sitting at home with nothing scheduled on my reserve days. Life is good. :beer:

Latest resources

Back