AirTran : Key West to Orlando

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JDREsquire1224

Anyone know whether or not they can take a full plane or is the passenger count limited? Thinking about flying standby out of EYW.

Actually we can fly full loads into and out of EYW as long as the runway there isn't wet, in which case we have load restrictions.
I've flown MCO and TPA - EYW and back many times with a full load of pax.

Ditto that. Wet runway, or hot in the summer time and needing an alternate are the only two ways I've ever seen the load restricted. The rest of the time it's fine. Enjoy!

Actually we can fly full loads into and out of EYW as long as the runway there isn't wet, in which case we have load restrictions.
I've flown MCO and TPA - EYW and back many times with a full load of pax.

Yep...my bad. The one time I got down there it was pouring rain. Should have left that to a pro EYW guy. Damn MKE base!

I'm heading to EYW via AT February 3 and was a little surprised ATL to EYW isn't non-stop.

It probably could be. However. As previously mentioned the goal is to try to fly the plane full. The extra gas and alternate considerations from ATL would def infringe on loads. They could charge more for a direct flight.. But then people would probably prefer to pay less and just fly a one stop through MCO or TPA. I think there is another airline that flies point to point like that ;)

It probably could be. However. As previously mentioned the goal is to try to fly the plane full. The extra gas and alternate considerations from ATL would def infringe on loads. They could charge more for a direct flight.. But then people would probably prefer to pay less and just fly a one stop through MCO or TPA. I think there is another airline that flies point to point like that ;)

Silver Airways does it out of TPA.

Latest resources

Back