• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1800 RVR

Sitting reserve...
For you Airtran folks out there:

I know you have the $25 thing for more than one jumpseater. Not a problem. But, is there a way to check loads for particular flights? Do you need to list yourself before showing up at the airport? At ATL, do you need a ticket to get through security, or is a 121 ID good enough? It's been awhile since I have been down in ATL, and it's been awhile since I've jumpseated. Any help is appreciated.

1800 RVR

Your 121 ID is good to get through the gate, call 1800 airtran and ask a agent how the loads look, you may ahve to say your non-rec that is what the pass basicly is, just remember to check in with the captain asa a coutesy, youd ber suprised how many dont

The $25. thing:

The first off-line pilot jumpseater rides free . . . after that, they'll sell you a $25. non-rev pass (like a buddy pass).

It is still a professional courtesy, though, so like FLB717 said, be sure to stick your head in the "engine room" with your stuff ready. There have been some toes stepped on in the past by pilots not checking in with the crew.

As far as checking the loads goes, if you get a newbie rez agent, they are reluctant to give out the actual numbers, so you may either have to call back and get a more sympathetic person.

You can go our website and view reservation info for your flight the night before . . . . it will at least tell you if there are still seats for sale . . . . and the cheaper flights obviously have more seats available. It will not, however, give you same-day info, you'll have to do it the night before.

"See you on deck, Senator".

Latest resources

Back