• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Jumpseat question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can just walk up to the gate, and the great folks at AT will put you on.

I have had the pleasure of jump seating on AT from IND to MCO. Rode on a 717, and was allowed to board with the crew, stow my stuff and relax in a comfy seat :)

Unless you're in ATL. Then you get attitude and sent to the customer service desk.

That's not how it is supposed to happen. It is the Gate Agent's job to do this...but...it is a known problem in the system, especially in the A-T-L. From a JS Committee update a few months ago:

"We need your help!! We've had reports of jumpseaters being sent to customer service to sign up for the jumpseat. The gate agents are saying that they "don't have time", or "it's not their job". If you witness this, please email us with as many details as you can collect, so that we can build a solid case and take care of this problem."

If you have this issue please contact your JS Committee so they can forward the info to our guys.

I looked up at old posts about this but could not find an answer. Can anybody on CASS be able to jumpseat on AirTran or the two companies must also have a separate agreement to be able to jumpseat? My company has agreements with many airlines, but we were also provided with a list of airlines that do not require any written agreement, all CASS members are eligible to ride. AirTran is not on that list. Looking forward to a week in the Caribbean. Thanks in advance for your reply. You are appreciated!!

I looked up at old posts about this but could not find an answer. Can anybody on CASS be able to jumpseat on AirTran or the two companies must also have a separate agreement to be able to jumpseat? My company has agreements with many airlines, but we were also provided with a list of airlines that do not require any written agreement, all CASS members are eligible to ride. AirTran is not on that list. Looking forward to a week in the Caribbean. Thanks in advance for your reply. You are appreciated!!
You have to have a reciprocal jumpseat agreement with AirTran in order to jumpseat. I ran into this coming out of Vegas two months ago... During my "time away" from AirTran, I'm working for another CASS carrier. Tried to jumpseat on AAI and since we weren't in the computer, they wouldn't even put me in the back.

YMMV, but I wouldn't plan something critical on it, better to go with one of the carriers you have a recip with. Best of luck...

What is it with guys that know they don't have a reciprocal agreement asking for a ride? You know you can't ride but instead of putting pressure on your JS coordinator to get the agreement to benefit ALL your pilots, you decide to make the captain look like a ****************************** bag by refusing you or a cool guy by just letting YOU on. Damn generation me.

What is it with guys that know they don't have a reciprocal agreement asking for a ride? You know you can't ride but instead of putting pressure on your JS coordinator to get the agreement to benefit ALL your pilots, you decide to make the captain look like a ****************************** bag by refusing you or a cool guy by just letting YOU on. Damn generation me.

If you read my post you can see that I did not know about the agreement, and neither asked any Captains for anything. I learned today that it is the gate agent that refuses you because you are not on the list, being on CASS or not. I am a Captain an anybody can ride with me, agreement or not. I am not from the generation that you might think either, I have a lot of jet fuel smell under my skin. So please, keep your stupid comments to yourself. I can already tell what kind of individual you are with your “current position”.

If you read my post you can see that I did not know about the agreement, and neither asked any Captains for anything. I learned today that it is the gate agent that refuses you because you are not on the list, being on CASS or not. I am a Captain an anybody can ride with me, agreement or not. I am not from the generation that you might think either, I have a lot of jet fuel smell under my skin. So please, keep your stupid comments to yourself. I can already tell what kind of individual you are with your “current position”.

OMG!! You insulted me, I feel so bad :bawling: . I apologise, I didn't realise that you had talked with your JSC about an agreement with Airtran. As far as the position, which I don't care what you think, it's a linger longer thing.

Latest resources

Back