Airtran JS question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

thor2j

I haven't jumpseated on u guys in a while but there used to be something about the first js was free the others paid something like $25. Is that still true? Also you used to let FA's jumpseat for I think the same $25, is that still the same?

Thanks,

T2J

No, that got dumped. Just show up at the gate with your passport. Some 73's have two jumpseats.

Wait for it......wait for it. 5.....4.......3........2......1

Last edited:
It's been 4 - 5 years since they charged for that second jumpseat. AirTran has unlimited jumpseats now. FA can jumpseat if there is an agreement.

Jumpseated a year ago for a few weeks on Airtran. Very friendly crews and was helped out quite a bit by the Airtran jumpseating pilots offering to take an FA seat to get me on when full. Very much appreciated.

You may have to be the bottom guy in the forward lav if the Capt requests it but usually it's just a little half and half. It is a free ride either way.

Unlimited Jumpseats?

I tried to jumpseat a few weeks ago and the gate agent in ATL said that someone had already signed up for the jumpseat.

There were seats on the airplane when it left but she would not let me sign up and the crew was already on the plane. What gives?

Never had an issue jumpseating on Airtran. On many occasions the crew has gone above and beyond to make sure that I get on and get a seat in business class. When in ATL or MCO, I generally list at a customer service area to reduce the work load on the agent. I don't think that this is required though. As others have said, thank you Airtran pilots.

I was on them 2 weeks ago with 2 FedEx riders. None of us paid a fee and I can't speak for the others, but I was treated like gold by the pilots and FAs. Thanks again for the ride

I tried to jumpseat a few weeks ago and the gate agent in ATL said that someone had already signed up for the jumpseat.

There were seats on the airplane when it left but she would not let me sign up and the crew was already on the plane. What gives?

That should never have happened. Sorry.

Our union keeps harping on the CA's to make the walk up to the gate to make sure nobody gets left behind. When it comes to our gate agents, we get what we pay for I suppose. PM me with the particulars...

Latest resources

Back