Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uppercrust said:
Do you have good looking FA's???

Hey UC I've been told that the FAs at Valuej... oh.. I mean airtran are totally hot! You might like the galley fags!

AirTrash flight attendants hot? Maybe if you go for the Queen Latifa look.

71KILO said:
Hey UC I've been told that the FAs at Valuej... oh.. I mean airtran are totally hot! You might like the galley fags!

Easy now, .... it's not Value Jet... it's Airtran. Different companies.:laugh:

Interview info?

Uppercrust said:
I am interviewing in two weeks. Any Airtran guys have some info for me??

If you come across in person like you do here, you may as well stay home.

Hey Ty, What do you suppose the chances of a Alaska guy with 6 years in getting hired with you guys.......I have a 2 year degree from ERAU and 8300 total time with a couple thousand turbine PIC......have no faith in the currrent clowns running the place..........

tico said:
Hey Ty, What do you suppose the chances of a Alaska guy with 6 years in getting hired with you guys.......I have a 2 year degree from ERAU and 8300 total time with a couple thousand turbine PIC......have no faith in the currrent clowns running the place..........

They don't really care what airline you are coming from . . . we have at least four former Delta guys working now, and 4 more on the "pending interview list". . . . some of them are early retirements, some are F/O's toward the bottom of the list.

If you are looking to work at AirTran, we should be hiring another 230 or so this year, but I know of at least several guys here who would gladly trade places with you.

As far as management goes . . . some of our managements' antics at recent contract negotiations would seem to be better suited for the Jerry Springer Show than anything else, so I guess there's enough buffoonery to go around.

Last edited:
The company NC could kick ass every day of the week and twice on Sunday...? Stictly rumor. Heck, we could make money on the deal.. Suprised they dont schedule the next round in Chicago... Throw down with Springer. Hey it might cut down Hotel expenses... free dinner too..

Long epic novel to follow.....

tico said:

Before I say what I'm going to say in regards to your question to Ty Webb.... I need to clarify something.

AirTran has been very VERY good to me in my life and career. My career and earning expectations have been FAR better than ANY other airline in the country had I started there versus AirTran using my DOH at AirTran. I am in my 6th calandar year at AirTran and I have earned a 6 figure salary for 3 of those years now. I have been a Captain on the B-717 and the B-737, I'm a ground school instructor in the training department, and I'm a new hire mentor for NPA (Union). This airline has offerred ALOT of fulfilling opportunities for me personally and professionally.

I cannot and do not regert anything about my desion to come to AirTran... it has been a home run for me and I am very happy here.

The maintenance here is outstanding.... and the operation is no different than 90% of ANY airline in the world. Every airline had operations problems, ours just seem to be really really surprisingly petty sometimes and it gets annoying.

AirTran could be a GREAT company.... unfortunately our management does not breed and nurture a corporate culture that allows us to be a GREAT company. This company could make numerous NO COST changes that would allow us to really become a great place to work from a HR stance.... but it hasn't happened and I do not see a shift in that culture. To effect that kind of change would involve alot a key personnel changes..... and those key personnel are doing a GREAT job at controllings costs and growing, and getting this airline successfully throught the worst downturn in airline history..... and focusing on the employees and good HR culture.... doesn't appear to be the top priority.

Now.... with all that said...... I would NEVER recommend a 6 year First Officer at Alaska Airlines to leave and come to AirTran. In my opinion it would be a step DOWN from where you are at. Alaska iis a MAJOR airline...... AirTran is a big regional airline that has Major statistics. That is not an insult to AirTran ..... its just a fact.

AirTran could be a GREAT company.... unfortunately our management does not breed and nurture a corporate culture that allows us to be a GREAT company.

Very well put, FL717. Funny thing is that happy pilots are a big part of cost control, and once you lose that component, you lose the glue that holds the place together and makes up for the operational shortcomings. If something doesn't change HR-wise/contract wise, I see us getting closer to that point, little by little. I see it and hear it daily on an increasing basis.

Now.... with all that said...... I would NEVER recommend a 6 year First Officer at Alaska Airlines to leave and come to AirTran. In my opinion it would be a step DOWN from where you are at. Alaska iis a MAJOR airline...... AirTran is a big regional airline that has Major statistics. That is not an insult to AirTran ..... its just a fact.

I don't know much about Alaska . . . I know they have their own problems with management, too, but I suspect you're right, unless this guy wants to move to ATL or has a buring desire to be in the left seat, I'd stay put, too.

FL717 said:
"Before I say what I'm going to say in regards to your question to Ty Webb.... I need to clarify something.

AirTran has been very VERY good to me in my life and career. My career and earning expectations have been FAR better than ANY other airline in the country had I started there versus AirTran using my DOH at AirTran. I am in my 6th calandar year at AirTran and I have earned a 6 figure salary for 3 of those years now. I have been a Captain on the B-717 and the B-737, I'm a ground school instructor in the training department, and I'm a new hire mentor for NPA (Union). This airline has offerred ALOT of fulfilling opportunities for me personally and professionally.

I cannot and do not regert anything about my desion to come to AirTran... it has been a home run for me and I am very happy here.

AirTran could be a GREAT company.... unfortunately our management does not breed and nurture a corporate culture that allows us to be a GREAT company. This company could make numerous NO COST changes that would allow us to really become a great place to work from a HR stance.... but it hasn't happened and I do not see a shift in that culture. To effect that kind of change would involve alot a key personnel changes..... and those key personnel are doing a GREAT job at controllings costs and growing, and getting this airline successfully throught the worst downturn in airline history..... and focusing on the employees and good HR culture.... doesn't appear to be the top priority."

In regards to my time at AirTran, I share the same feelings. I'm in my 3rd calendar year with the company, slowing moving up from one position to another.....but it seems like COSTS are the one and only thing looked at in many ways....not to say they shouldn't with the way the industry is right now but I also see there are small things could be done to improve the already nice situation to make it an EXCELLENT one.

Everytime time i read an article or hear something about low-cost success, Southwest and Jetblue are mentioned but AirTran? No way......We're great at what we do but that one extra stride could be taken

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back