• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're trying to inject reason into an emotional argument. Let the arbitrators do it. In the end, no one will be completely happy, but we'll have a stronger, more profitable and growing company.

You are consistantly wishing this will goto arbitration... Do you throw in the towel this quickly all the time? Give the unions a chance to work this out.

This was my friends trip, and he said the only problem is PHL, delays. He did it again the other day. His trip had rigs. He made a killing.

I rarely have a delay in PHL in the AM...knock on wood, I have rarely had any real delay in PHL...and if we do, our new terminal has good food.

We are bringing over 130+ aircraft with us...How could that be anywhere near considered fair and equitable?

I'll probably regret this...

You do not bring 130+ aircraft with you. You bring your contract and your seniority list. That's it. You do not bring ATL, CAK, EYW, International flying, or a different fleet type. Just contract and seniority list. Parts of which will assuredly be altered/changed/discarded, etc...

SWAPA brings the same, CBA and seniority list. Those are the only two things either pilot groups "owns" and/or "brings". These are also the only "assets" to be considered as SLI moves forward.

Your company "brings" those other things. This is akin to a SWA pilot saying "we bring Boise!". It just ain't true.

Last edited:
I'll probably regret this...

You do not bring 130+ aircraft with you. You bring your contract and your seniority list. That's it. You do not bring ATL, CAK, EYW, International flying, or a different fleet type. Just contract and seniority list. Parts of which will assuredly be altered/changed/discarded, etc...

SWAPA brings the same, CBA and seniority list. Those are the only two things either pilot groups "owns" and/or "brings". These are also the only "assets" to be considered as SLI moves forward.

Your company "brings" those other things. This is akin to a SWA pilot saying "we bring Boise!". It just ain't true.

Interesting (and very amusing) rationalization, somehow I don't think the arbitrator will see things like you do.

Last edited:
You are consistantly wishing this will goto arbitration... Do you throw in the towel this quickly all the time? Give the unions a chance to work this out.

I think he along with many others believes that it will end up in arbitration so why waste the time and create the hard feelings of a nasty negotiation when in the end it will be decided by an arbitrator. Not throwing in the towel but simply speeding the process along. In the end if an arbitrator decides our fate you really can't blame your union for a perceived bad integration.

So, any word about the Nov class? any news from the training dept? Or is the Oct 18th class is the last one?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back