Airtran Interviewing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSA Pilot said:

That is the most moronic statement I have ever seen. Bigger equipment?? You mean to tell me that the size of the equipment somehow goes into the figuring of what Major you go to work for I suppose you can't drive in anything but a Lexus or Mecedes either... do you have small dick syndrome??? And just how much money do you need to make to be happy?? You can live fine on $100k a year you know? Hell even on $50k a year you can live well. I would give anything to work at Airtran in fact it's the only Major airline I want to work for. I dont want to be a number, I don't need $200k a year to be happy. Jade, your attitude is exactly what this industry needs to stomp out. Please go work for the big 5, or 3, or whatever it is now and don't take my seat at Airtran.

TSA Pilot

TSA Pilot, How could you bag on a former fellow "Waterskier" like that? We all make choices on where we go, some by choice and some because of certain requirements they do not have(degree, etc.)

As long as your happy thats all that matters. The unfortunate thing about being at Air Tran is you have to sometimes associate with the Delta boys and I have found them anti-social.

I knew a pilot a few years back who left Air Tran, he was 25, for America West(former TSA'r) and couldn't be more happy.

We all make descisions boys and I feel if you are happy with that descision you should not have to defend youself in here, especially you Ty Webb.

Wise words AA. And since this Airtan interviewing thread has morphed into one of pondering moronic-ness and happiness, I'd just like to say:

"See the happy moron, he doesn't give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**,
I wish I were a moron. My God, perhaps I am!"

Airline History for $500 Alex

LearLove said:
"Study your airline history and give carriers like AirTran some thought"

Your boss is "Forklift Joe", among other names, look up his history.

Man,
I have not heard that name for 10 years. You win the Jeopardy Aviation Home game.

Interviews

Wayyyyy back on page one of this thread a couple of you said that AirTran is interviewing in August. I spoke with Greta Charles on July 9 and she said late September or early October would be the start of interviews. Do you have newer information?

As for those of you knocking AirTran....well, just go read another thread. Everyone I've talked to seems to love the place. I think I could live on $100k +. In fact, I know I could. Right now I'm living on a lot less! Quality of life and job security mean a lot to me right now with a family to support. I think it's pretty awesome that the senior guys at AirTran took a cut to keep the junior guys employed! Those are the kind of guys I would love to work with!!

-Menace

Menace...

The new information is this....(it's posted elsewhere, but here it is in a nutshell)

There was a class scheduled for August, which has been cancelled until further notice. Rumors are it will be Jan/Feb before this class is held. I would imagine that it will be very late this year or early next year before interviewing resumes. But, things can change, and sometimes they change quickly.

Latest resources

Back