• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big 5

At the rate things are going, the Big 5 are going to be

Southwest
Air Tran
Northwest
American
Delta

Apparently no one read Don Carty's comments on how American needed to become more like Southwest and Airtran

Re: Big 5

Airtran, a top 5 major?

Come on. Come back to reality.

Pure wishful thinking.

publisher said:

Southwest
Air Tran
Northwest
American
Delta

Apparently no one read Don Carty's comments on how American needed to become more like Southwest and Airtran

PanAm or Eastern going out of business?
No way, come on- come back to reality!
Stranger things have happened. Nobody knows the future, and there was a time when Delta, United, et al was just a crappy little airline that could...
Please try not to be so small minded.

I guess I didn't write in big enough print.....LOL

Anything can happen in today's marketplace........I used to remember that people used to say Eastern could NEVER die!!

Contact

Just curious. I know it's been a while since they interviewed, but when they start, how do they contact you? Letter or telephone? Also, are any of you Citrus pilots on this board planning on helping with recruiting at the Air Inc. fair in ATL next weekend. If so, would you mind sending an e-mail or PM so I can put a face with the username.

Take care.

Tom

js31pilot said:
I guess I didn't write in big enough print.....LOL

Anything can happen in today's marketplace........I used to remember that people used to say Eastern could NEVER die!!

While I wholeheartedly agree with the above comment, I always find it funny that many of the people who say that anything can happen always point at the failures of Eastern, PanAm, etc as proof that big airlines like UA and AA can fail, but never think the same thing can(and has) happened at many small carriers as well. Alot of people seem to boil down the decision of whether to go to airline like Airtran vs. an airline like AA simply down to money. If you go to AA, all you care about is money and really big iron, and if you go to Airtran you are somehow wholly altruistic and care more about people than money. Airtran may have the quality of life and benefits attractive to someone in the southeast, while someone in the southwest might prefer United or Southwest. While there are probably people who fit both extreme's, I think the truth for most of us is somewhere in between. We want a strong stable company, that is enjoyable to work at, and provides us a strong paycheck to provide for ourselves.

Re: Big 5

publisher said:

Southwest
Air Tran
Northwest
American
Delta

Hey, how about ATA. Come on now, I just got hired by them

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen the details of the new contract, but I hope you guys got what you were looking for.

Please keep us posted on training, schedule, pay, etc!

Marko Ramius, I think you missed the point of why I emphasized anything can happen. Too often pilots of "big" airlines berate those of us who choose a different life
eg. ClownPilot "Airtran, a top 5 major?

Come on. Come back to reality.

Pure wishful thinking."

I honestly don't know where we'll be in 5 years, but to take such a negative stance is hurtful to everyone.
I never claim to be altruistic, in fact I'm trying to make the most money I can by flying airplanes. We certainly don't all agree on what path that is. A friend is furloughed AA, and it is going to take several years after recall for that person to match me in pay - given all things(contract) remain the same.

Latest resources

Back