• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Interview coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One other thing. At LUV you can sometimes get a feel for where you are in the que for an interview by making a call down there. I left a message for GC yesterday, and her message says she'll call you back. Anybody actually had her return a call?

Thanks. Agressive...........Pest........sometimes a fine line, don't want to cross it.

Just to give you some head up for those hired. Ive been at AIRTRAN almost 2 years. Was a 12 year Piedmont Dash-8 Captain. I really love it here. Growing company....good pay and a great contract. We have trip and duty rigs. You can fly all you want. 717 lines are real good. Most months I am bidding 17 and 18 day off lines. Most of the time the first top 4 or 5 in your class will go to Miami for sim.. I went in September and it was great. You stay at a Embassy suites and 24 hour per diem at $1.75. For those who have EFIS and FMS experience youll love the 717. We are just about to get approval for CAT III Autoland. Those that start Feb 20th there will be 22 in class. Many from Piedmont who I am friends with. A class in April is scheduled for between 9 and 12 pilots. I will be glad to answer any questions. Right now the company wants Captain 121 time. Most F/Os that ive tried to get an interview for its just not happening. PIC time is real important. And dont come in with a attitude!! If your furloughed from another carrier leave the attitude at the door. The HR people are real good at picking that up. Trust me..Ive personally helped many people get hired here..I know what the company likes. Good luck and those that make it here...enjoy yourselves!!

The last class of upgrades (B-717) that are doing IOE right now, were hired in July 2000. There is several Captains that upgraded on the DC-9 a while back that were hired as late as Feb 2001, but that was because of the equipment lock issue. Since there is no more DC-9 classes.. (new hire or upgrade), the upgrade backfilling begins now based on seniority. I think 2 1/2 years for upgrade is a fairly accurate statement overall.

I don't know. The way things are headed it's lookin like there might be several new additions to the "regional" category soon. And in time, at least one or two additions to the "major" category.

ATA1011 said:
Shouldn't Airtran be under the regional forum??

Citrus, the airline with a peal!

:D

I think that we would technically be in the "National" category, but this board doesn't have a forum for that. We are probably at least a year away from breaking the $1 Bil served mark.

I like your quote . . . . . very punny.

Hey 717pilot could you post me a private e-mail. I also flew for Piedmont for a number of years and am now furloughed from AA. Looking for some details about AirTran and fellow PDT guys. Thanks

Latest resources

Back