Airtran Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sweatro

Not that I plan on leaving my current job anytime soon, but.... any of you Airtran folks spare some time to tell me how many aircraft you have right now? I understand the 717's are replacing the 9's. What are your bases? If a person does make it into the pool what is the wait like? I found some good info in old posts but more would be appreciated.

AIRTRAN

Sweatro,

I sent you a PM about this topic on 9-9-02. If you did not recieve it let me know.

Fletch

Last edited:
Fletch 717,

Thanks very much for the info. Best of luck to you. Remember: It's all ball bearings now days.

Sweatro

I don't suppose you could post the PM on this subject? I'm considering a move and would really appreciate more info.

Hi all... been out on a trip so didn't see this post. I spoke to the Director of Training on Wednesday during a aircraft swap. He said we were running 2 new hire B-717 classes in November. It was my impression that this will "drain the pool" for people previously offered/waiting for class dates. I believe this will be the last of 2002 hiring, but could be wrong. I do think they will be interviewing for 2003 classes. The "real" minimums for hiring have become very high. Last new hire class that started 3 weeks ago had 22 pilots... low time was around 4000 hours, high time was greater than 10,000 hours. One of those people is a regular on this board and was a check-airman with 757 and Airbus time. (Hows class FLX??) They really like 121 turbine PIC (1000 hours and a type), and a recomendation. Been told there is a stack of 1000 "qualified" resumes with recomendations. Its very competitive right now, unfortunately for some.

Latest resources

Back