AirTran info - quiet in here

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyDaTranny

there hasn't been anything on here for weeks about airtran and all the hiring going on - weird.

question for people at da tranny :D

I've heard people talk about pay on reserve because of rigs and such that they credit over 100 hours a month on reserve on the B717.

truth or fiction?

what are people getting on reserve on the 737? same? less? more?

thanks

I did hear about it, but so far have not seen anything like that on reserve (717).

When I was on reserve, I was averaging about 92 hours of pay for 50-60 flight hours per month. Reserve is lucrative, but its still reserve, so therefore it sucks.

When I was on reserve last year about this time (717), my credit hours (ie. what I was paid) was 125 hours. I flew 99.4 hours. It's great to get the extra money, but it about killed me. They used me every day that I was on reserve. During the slow months you might have a hard time crediting more than 80 hours from what I hear. It all depends on the time of year.

Im on reserve on the 717. In Dec. , Jan., Feb., my credit was 102,98,91. Im at 79 so far for this month with 4 reserve days to go.

Uppercrust said:
Yaawwnnnnnnn

Duuude! If you be sittin reserve at da Tranny, and you gots dat ole YAWWWNNN goin on and stuff, you gots to be luvvin them green couches.

They are SA-WEEEEEET!!

TV9Driver said:
When I was on reserve last year about this time (717), my credit hours (ie. what I was paid) was 125 hours. I flew 99.4 hours. It's great to get the extra money, but it about killed me. They used me every day that I was on reserve. During the slow months you might have a hard time crediting more than 80 hours from what I hear. It all depends on the time of year.

Sounds like poor staffing levels to me. Why bust your hump? You guys ever hear about Reserve Time and Duty Limits? Get a clue.

Einstein said:
Sounds like poor staffing levels to me. Why bust your hump? You guys ever hear about Reserve Time and Duty Limits? Get a clue.

Don't even try to explain a concept like work rules to these guys. Funny thing is, heard it through a bird, they will be taking pay cuts plus duty limits and rigs are going to change. And the change is not good.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back