AirTran Hiring Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kommutrdog

Does anyone have the fax # for the Pilot Recruitment Dept. at AirTran ?? I have emailed me resume and subsequent updates, but unfortunately I'm not the most computer-savy guy in the world, and am not sure that they are going through. I send it as and attachment, but I don't know if it's in the right format for AirTran to open...etc.

I have a letter of rec. on file, but I want to be sure to keep them updated on my continous interest in their company...my wife and I sure would like to move to Florida...

Any input or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. AirTran is doing a lot of things right and I sure would like the opportunity to at least interview.

Thanks.

Kommutrdog,

Before you pack your bags for Florida, AirTran has only Atlanta as a pilot domicile righ now. That may change in the future, but right now, ATL is it.

Good luck, I love it here.

I know that that there is only a base in ATL, but I figure to commute to/from either FLL or MCO wouldn't be too bad.

:cool:

Is there anyone else that has the same problem?

I have been sending resumes to AirTran since before the merger with VJ. I have had numerous friends walk in the resume for me and I don't even get a phone call.

I have over 6400TT 4400PIC 121 Turbine Time.

hmmm

Don't know what to do except wait.

B190Captain said:
Is there anyone else that has the same problem?

I have had numerous friends walk in the resume for me

From what I understand, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of pilots with the same problem. I'm assuming these numerous friends that have walked in your resume are current AirTran pilots? If so, I would suggest that you contact them and have them call and talk to the recruiters (they know who they are) and inquire about the status of your resume that they turned in with a recommendation. See what kind of feedback they get. Are you in the "good" stack, etc. It might not hurt to make a call yourself every month or so, just to see if they have your resume on file, what the outlook is, etc. Many times, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so to speak. Just don't make a nuisanse of yourself by calling and bugging them every week.

kommutrdog said:
I know that that there is only a base in ATL, but I figure to commute to/from either FLL or MCO wouldn't be too bad.

:cool:

Yeah, you and the gazillion other AirTran pilots that commute from FLL and MCO.....especially MCO. You get to compete with the 30 or so pilots that show up for each MCO-ATL flight.:)

Talk to a buddy of mine who works at airtran, he said that HR stated they had 15000 resumes on file, 8000 were referals from inside.

Latest resources

Back