Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet41

Guys

If there's anyone that has flown both 717 and 737-700, I'm curious how the two differ in flying characteristics and level of automation.

Thanks

The 717 is much more automated from hearing from all of the griping CAs that are coming over to the 737. As far as flying them, I can only compare the DC-9 and the 737 which is close enough to a 717/737 comparison. 737 is easier to land, but the Douglas model is more fun to fly, IMO.

Jet41,

Not sure what phase you're in (pre/post interview), but hope this helps. Whatever you do, I wouldn't put off a class date trying to get one plane or the other. A guy in my interview group did that and lost 2 months seniority thinking he would get the 73. He still got 71.
As far as the flying, I'm sure you're a qualified guy so no worries, right:) The 717 is beautiful. No turning hyd pumps on, gens, etc. Set it and forget it. If a switch is in the wrong position, the a/c will tell you.
The 737, well you have to throw some switches yourself, so what's so bad about that?
On the 71 I can fly pretty much all month and not overnight outside the Eastern time zone. You'll get some jet lag on the 737. The seats on the 71 suck, more comfy on the 73.
Either way, don't pass up a class date with hopes of getting a particular a/c.
Happy Holidays

do you guys have the pads for the cockpit seats on the 717? they add about 1 hour before your cheeks are numb.

do you guys have the pads for the cockpit seats on the 717? they add about 1 hour before your cheeks are numb.

Nope. Hurts like a motherf----- after the first leg or two. I'd still rather put up with it than have to do 4-hour legs, though.

Sure it ain't kneepads yer using?

that and the goggles, my name is roger murdock, i'm an airline pilot.

tell me freightdogfred, you ever seen a turkish prison? do you like gladiator movies?

Jet41,
The seats on the 71 suck, more comfy on the 73.

Maybe. But in the summertime I would much rather be sitting in the back of a 717 on the ramp with that nice Gasper fan blowing. :) I swear sometimes there isnt any air AT ALL blowing out of those eyeball vents on the 737.

717 Rocks from a pilot perspective! Single-engine Cat III autoland baby! :pimp:

Latest resources

Back