Airtran gets squadoosh compared to this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetdawg

I know everyone loves to keep preaching about Airtran getting money for flying into small cities but this seems a heck of allot better then a little money thrown to the A-Train.

On Wednesday April 13, 2011, 11:03 am EDT

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Georgia Senate has extended a tax break for Delta Air Lines Inc. over Democratic objections that the company doesn't need a giveaway.
Lawmakers approved the measure 39-13 after an hour of heated debate. Supporters say the state must work to keep Delta Georgia-based because the company brings millions in economic development.
Opponents said when the tax break originated six years ago, the company faced bankruptcy and needed help. They said it boasted more than $1 billion in profits last year and doesn't need the hefty tax break now.
The bill caps the exemption at $20 million for fiscal year 2012 and $10 million for fiscal year 2011. Delta's current tax break had been set to expire at the end of June.
The bill returns to the House.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on Twitter; become a fan on Facebook.

Truth be known, the airport, the city, the state and surrounding cities all nickel and dime tax the state's largest employer to the point that I'm sure offsets this tax break.

Last edited:
None of the corporations need a "tax break" right now. This defeats the entire POINT of Capitalism, which is part of what our country was founded on.

This whole tax cut thing to the richest people and corporations needs to stop. No tax loops, just pay your taxes and maybe we could start cutting a chunk out of our Trilliions per year of debt we go into as a nation. If businesses go out of business because they were relying on tax cuts to turn a profit, then maybe they shouldn't be IN business.

Just a thought... YMMV.

None of the corporations need a "tax break" right now. This defeats the entire POINT of Capitalism, which is part of what our country was founded on.

This whole tax cut thing to the richest people and corporations needs to stop. No tax loops, just pay your taxes and maybe we could start cutting a chunk out of our Trilliions per year of debt we go into as a nation. If businesses go out of business because they were relying on tax cuts to turn a profit, then maybe they shouldn't be IN business.

Just a thought... YMMV.

Couldn't agree more.

This whole tax cut thing to the richest people and corporations needs to stop.

Just don't forget Lear, many SWA pilots fall into Obama's definition of the 'richest people'. Probably not something you've had to consider before.:D

Just don't forget Lear, many SWA pilots fall into Obama's definition of the 'richest people'. Probably not something you've had to consider before.:D

Heh heh... true enough. ;)

However, I'd gladly pay my share of taxes if we'd go to a flat tax for everyone, no deductions, kill the tax cuts and kickbacks to big businesses, etc, all as part of a overall PLAN to return this country to profitability. Something's gotta give, or we're going to end up like most of Europe in terms of income taxes, VAT, unemployment rates, etc.

OK, I'll get off the soapbox now. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back