• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran gets squadoosh compared to this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA pilots don't even come close.....First off its your taxable pay above 250k not your entire gross. Even if you made 300k and could only come up 35k to itemized then 15k would fall under the old Tax rates which are an extra 3.3 percent which would mean you would pay a whopping 500 bucks more in taxes. Give me a break I'd be more than happy to pay that to a country in distress that has given me so much.

When I first started working out of the military where I never topped over $70K, I asked JBLU payroll why they stopped taking Social Security taxes out after $84K-- they said I had paid my share... Fast forward several years, that number is now $106K. If they don't get you in Fed Taxes, they'll get you somewhere else..

No income tax, but a flat sales tax. That way everyone pays, including the millions of illegals running amok. The more you make = the more you spend = the more you pay. Tax applies to purchases abroad.

No income tax, but a flat sales tax. That way everyone pays, including the millions of illegals running amok. The more you make = the more you spend = the more you pay. Tax applies to purchases abroad.

But a lower income person consumes the same amount of bread and milk as a wealthy person (although the poorer person probably consumes more beer, cigarettes and condoms).

47% of the folks in this country pay NO TAXES!

Actually they do pay Federal income taxes, but they get all that money back.

And why do you suppose that is? If a company or person lost 10 million last year, and made 5 million this year, they haven't actually turned a profit. However, it's politicly advantageous to go on TV and bash the damn fat cats who didn't pay any taxes on that 5 million they "made" this year. Reality and fairness have nothing to do with it because after all, the "rich" can afford to pay more. Never mind that these are small business owners, or even large corporations owned by your 401K, and they still lost 5 million dollars and will have to lay off hundreds of workers who's 401K's are also in the dumper for the same reason. Stop with the class warfare and think things through.

75% of corporations pay no federal taxes. Of our imports 50% of them are "U.S. corporations" (if u can call them that) importing from their foreign headquarters in another country to their "U.S. division" to pay no income taxes. You see many companies that call themselves U.S.A. are based in foreign countries. Exxon/Mobile paid no taxes and G.E. made 10 billion and got back 1 billion from the government.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/04/06/exxon-tax/

100 billion in taxes goes to food stamps, unemployment and other programs for the poor.

400 billion in federal taxes goes to corporate tax breaks. And as you can see many big corporations get around their state obligations also.

This is all legal.

80% of IRS audits are small business because they cheat. There was an estimate that there are $300 billion in loss tax revenue every year due to fraud about income and other tax breaks. I think it is a lot more than that.

Last edited:
I'm fine with no corporate taxes. It means more money going into my 401K that is invested in these companies.

Blue,

Dont know how old you are but take a look at your SS statement that comes every year and follow the trail of the top income figure where they stop taking it. Dont have mine in front of me but I believe it was 20K or so when I first began working.

All you have to do is look at the word "supplimental" in the act that created this disaster and you will see how far off track this has become. (like any other govt program)

By the time most retire, there will be a means test associated with it that most on here can say bye bye to all of their "contributions"?

Bus

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back