• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran gets squadoosh compared to this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
please keep ranting. I believe you and in the same stuff.. besides us ranting about taxes stops us from beating up on each other in the forums

Just don't forget Lear, many SWA pilots fall into Obama's definition of the 'richest people'. Probably not something you've had to consider before.:D

Yea, and how many of those pilots are creating jobs? I'm sure like ever other rich sucker out there, the money is not creating jobs but creating earned income from interest.

Just don't forget Lear, many SWA pilots fall into Obama's definition of the 'richest people'. Probably not something you've had to consider before.:D

How many of those pilots are creating jobs with all of that money or is it just going to savings?

Lear, I could not agree more with you. What the hell ever happened to shared sacrifice in this country?

Heh heh... true enough. ;)

However, I'd gladly pay my share of taxes if we'd go to a flat tax for everyone, no deductions, kill the tax cuts and kickbacks to big businesses, etc, all as part of a overall PLAN to return this country to profitability. Something's gotta give, or we're going to end up like most of Europe in terms of income taxes, VAT, unemployment rates, etc.

OK, I'll get off the soapbox now. :)

Our tax plan should be one page long. One flat rate for all individuals, one flat rate for all businesses. Everyone pays, no one is exempt. Keep the tax code short and simple with no room for loopholes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our tax plan should be one page long. One flat rate for all individuals, one flat rate for all businesses. Everyone pays, no one is exempt. Keep the tax code short and simple with no room for loopholes.
Oh no, we can't do that. That would put a couple hundred IRS inspectors out of jobs... ;)

(I agree with you btw, I'm being more than a little facetious).

SWA pilots don't even come close.....First off its your taxable pay above 250k not your entire gross. Even if you made 300k and could only come up 35k to itemized then 15k would fall under the old Tax rates which are an extra 3.3 percent which would mean you would pay a whopping 500 bucks more in taxes. Give me a break I'd be more than happy to pay that to a country in distress that has given me so much.

47% of the folks in this country pay NO TAXES!

Actually they do pay Federal income taxes, but they get all that money back.

I say let EVERYONE contribute!

47% of the folks in this country pay NO TAXES!

Actually they do pay Federal income taxes, but they get all that money back.

I say let EVERYONE contribute!

...If they wish to vote, that is.....
Something about taxation and representation...

None of the corporations need a "tax break" right now. This defeats the entire POINT of Capitalism, which is part of what our country was founded on.

This whole tax cut thing to the richest people and corporations needs to stop. No tax loops, just pay your taxes and maybe we could start cutting a chunk out of our Trilliions per year of debt we go into as a nation. If businesses go out of business because they were relying on tax cuts to turn a profit, then maybe they shouldn't be IN business.

Just a thought... YMMV.

I agree absolutely! How else are we going to support the 1 in 6 Americans on food stamps???

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back