• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airtran future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAI 717s versus NWA DC-9s on the same routes from IND will probably do very well. Oh, and the 737s, even better.

Maybee ifn wee bee makin a base up in Indiee, den likez maybee wee can chill wit Dario Francheesy an dat sawweeet wildcat babe he chillz wit!

You catz eeven think dat ole Indy gonna be da base?

Yoo make summ groovie poinztz an stuff, ole M75 duuuude. I gotzta git me a crash pad at dat big ole racin track, hey Ty Guy, iz ya gunna put dat trailer up in there?

AWWWW YEAAAHHHHH!!

not the same thing...delta left...there was no merger or code share involved

so its ok for amr to have an 85+% market share in their home airport but NO other airline is allowed this luxury? that's fair. :rolleyes:

well there was this little thing called deregulation a while back....you may have heard of it....prior to that an airline just could not leave or stop serving a city....now they can....like delta leaving dallas...

well there was this little thing called deregulation a while back....you may have heard of it....prior to that an airline just could not leave or stop serving a city....now they can....like delta leaving dallas...

and with that midwest will still maintain its market share as it is SEPARATE from northwest airlines. airtran would have combined it's market share with midwest and be the largest in MKE but you thought that was fair! don't you think it is a little hypocritical?

the point that a new combined NWA would be at 70% market share in MKE would not be the sole basis, imho, for not allowing a future merger. like i said DFW has one dominant carrier while serving a lot more people than MKE.

one...i never said anything was fair or not, i was just correcting the statement you made about american in dallas....they have that market share by default....another carrier left...no kind of legal problem there...

two...in the past, the doj has usually made the merged carrier give up something in its major hubs/cities to not allow a monpoly...with northwest/midwest having 70% of the flying out of mke, i just wondered if that would happen...

three...even tho they are seperate airlines, any one can see they have an agreement in place, or soon will have an agreement in place to code share, etc....
possible legal concerns for the doj...

four...as far as amr having control of dallas...there is a whole terminal waiting to be occupied, so anyone who chose to could go in there...

What about Spirit or Sun Country? Would NWA spend another XXX Million to keep you out of MSP? Sounds like a good way to bleed em dry....

one...i never said anything was fair or not, i was just correcting the statement you made about american in dallas....they have that market share by default....another carrier left...no kind of legal problem there...

you originally stated:

EMBATP said:
controlling 70% of the market share doesnt seem too fair....

two...in the past, the doj has usually made the merged carrier give up something in its major hubs/cities to not allow a monpoly...with northwest/midwest having 70% of the flying out of mke, i just wondered if that would happen...

well there is NO merged carrier here. what did DoJ do to SWA when they bought out ATA gates and market share (they have a lot more than 70%) at MDW? MDW is also much larger than MKE.

three...even tho they are seperate airlines, any one can see they have an agreement in place, or soon will have an agreement in place to code share, etc....
possible legal concerns for the doj...

you are assuming here.

four...as far as amr having control of dallas...there is a whole terminal waiting to be occupied, so anyone who chose to could go in there...

what terminal? the new one is pretty much all AMR. the E concourse is filled with the extra airlines now except united which is still in B concourse.

one...you got me...but i was thinking what the doj might think..

two...airtran got a few extra gates at mdw after the whole thing happenned that were former ata gates, which i am sure had something to do with the whole swa/ata thing..

three...i think that that will probably happen...look at the past nwa/continental deal...

four...still plenty of gates available in e...

by the way i really dont care what happens...i am glad we did not merge with midwest...but i dont think nwa will be a saving grace either...

mainly...as stated in the original post...what do airtran guys think will happen based on past happenings at the tranny?

mainly...as stated in the original post...what do airtran guys think will happen based on past happenings at the tranny?

one...vote yes yes no
two...enjoy a new wave of unity and get a great contract
three...the world will be trannies oyster.

Any chance Airtran could look at STL or San Antonio as a possible base? Hmmmm..... I believe they were after a heftier midwest presence and a more viable westward launching place. Lear what do you think?

Latest resources

Back