• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uppercrust said:
:laugh:

Judging by your avatar, I think they should be calling you pretty quick!:laugh:

Do you think my avatar is going to hurt my chances? I swear i didnt do it!!! :)

SkiFishFly said:
Don't worry about Crusty the clown. He is an AirTran hater.

Thanks for pointing that out.... until now I didn't know that I was an Airtran hater. But there doesn't seem to be alot of people jumping at the chance to answer an honest question. hhhhhhhmmmmmm could there be any truth to this littel tid bit????? Enquiring minds and all that............

Networ-King said:
This is great news for Airtran, but are you guys palnning on operating these 737's yourself or dry lease them to some other company? Not trying to flame or anything, but this came out of Klauses own mouth last year. He said the rates you guys got on the 737's are so good that there is no way Airtran could turn down the options even if it meant dry leasing them to make a profit. Any of you citrus guys know anything about this???????????

Actually it was Joe who said that and it was before Delta and Independence Air went bankrupt. Yields were going down and revenue was going down. The price they got those airplanes was a steal. They could lease those airplanes to european airlines where demand was high. Its was just an idea. Can the still do that? yes! But Joe wanted unreasonable lease arrangements. Even he thought they wouldn't be able to find a company willing to go at his terms. He wanted one to two year terms on the leases. Ain't no airline willing to do that.

Networ-King said:
Thanks for pointing that out.... until now I didn't know that I was an Airtran hater. But there doesn't seem to be alot of people jumping at the chance to answer an honest question. hhhhhhhmmmmmm could there be any truth to this littel tid bit????? Enquiring minds and all that............

Networ-King,

He was referring to upperCRUST, not you. Ty, calls him Crusty the Clown. It was just a coincidence that your avatar is Crusty the clown. upperCRUST, has about 360 posts and 355 of them slam Airtran. Sorry for the confusion.

Airtran717 said:
Networ-King,

He was referring to upperCRUST, not you. Ty, calls him Crusty the Clown. It was just a coincidence that your avatar is Crusty the clown. upperCRUST, has about 360 posts and 355 of them slam Airtran. Sorry for the confusion.

ooooppppssss........

My apologies then.... no harm no foul.... I don't even pay attention to Upperbrokebackmountaindork anymore. I just ignore his stupid posts and move on.

Mad691....

Joe might have said those words as well, but I know for a fact those words came out of Klause's mouth. Either way Airtan is getting the remaining 737's, which is good news for you guys.

PILOT said:
If I have a little over 400 hrs 121 PIC (keep adding more each month) would it be worth my while to go to the career fair in ATL? Or would they not even look at my resume? Thanks

Hell Ya man, Don't sell yourself short. Let them tell you no, don't do it yourself. If they see you at 2-3 shows and continually adding time, and interest, they'd be crazy not to give you a shot. You'll meet lots of folks that can help in the long run. The entire problem is the cost. If you can string up "dip ********************" and go for free, I'd go to every show. It's definately worth it. But He's a thief, and that's the ONLY down side. Talk it over with the little wifie.

Good luck, right now I think the vacuum is about to start over (unless the age 60 bull******************** moves)

Latest resources

Back