• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Expects Profit every Quarter this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was the company's original stance, they came out with a "Small Jet" payscale that was lower than jetBlue's blended rates, and was a huge cut from 717/737 pay rates.

On T.A. 2, they removed those SJ pay rates, but put a new paragraph that was a change from existing book. Existing book makes the company negotiate for a new airframe's pay rate (not yet in the book) by putting it in a "category", the lowest category of which is the 717/737-700 pay rates.

T.A. 2 gutted that statement and opened up the rate to be negotiated, not just into a category, but a whole new rate set, based on what other airlines, including regionals, are paying for those airframes. In all likelihood, that would result in a 15-20% reduction from 717 rates to fly an E-190.

The company knows what they're doing, and everything they do points to bringing SJ's to AAI if they can find a way to do it cheaper.

5 years until the original 717's come off lease. They are planning for it now. Scope is #1. Just ask Midwest.

No More F'ing B Scale. The Senior H'mo's Will Lose This Fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a senior guy who's doing all he can to make sure all sides are equally represented...

Go phcuk yourself #5!

As a senior guy who's doing all he can to make sure all sides are equally represented...

Go phcuk yourself #5!
I hear stories all the time from my FO's about how some Captains sit their and talk about their all their toys, sports cars, second homes, etc or about how they are having money problems or about how the FOs turning down TA2 has cost them tens of thousands of dollars. I don't care if guys want to have 10 cars or have got themselves into a bind financially, but have some respect to the guy next making sometimes as little as 35% as you are before you start spilling your whole life story. In an effort to build some unity, a $160,000/year CA talking about his trouble affording his second home doesn't build any unity with a $60,000/year FO.

I am not saying all senior Captains do this, but those that do end up portraying senior guys in a bad light.

Lear,

My point was that some of the complaints I heard about TA2 were about issues that were in TA1. I just can't understand why it's not important enough for everyone to read every line in it.

Go phcuk yourself #5!
Yup, we don't need more splintering of the pilot group, and there's plenty of Captains who spoke up against both T.A. 1 and 2, many of them on the grounds of F/O pay and Scope alone.

There's money in the pot for everyone, point your aggravation at the people who WROTE T.A.'s 1 and 2 and tried to sell you on continuing that big difference in pay.

Lear,

My point was that some of the complaints I heard about TA2 were about issues that were in TA1. I just can't understand why it's not important enough for everyone to read every line in it.
I defnitely can agree with that point, there's absolutely NO excuse for someone not to have read both documents before voting and rely upon 2nd hand information, even if a lot of it came from me, I'm certainly not infallible.

I don't care if it DID cost you $20 bucks to print it up at Kinkos because our union knew that it was such a turd that they didn't WANT to give out paper copies. It's your contract, go spend the $20 bucks for crying out loud so you can read and cross-reference to understand the whole thing.

I doubt we'll ever see that happen again... People are waking up, and I'm glad to see it happening.

Yup, we don't need more splintering of the pilot group, and there's plenty of Captains who spoke up against both T.A. 1 and 2, many of them on the grounds of F/O pay and Scope alone.

There's money in the pot for everyone, point your aggravation at the people who WROTE T.A.'s 1 and 2 and tried to sell you on continuing that big difference in pay.

Agreed,

We need more unity. I don't know how we can do it, but we have to do it in order to go to the negotiating table and get what we want. We need a real legal department we can turn to.

Instead of an attitude of " It's Pat" from Saturday Night Live. "ooohaahhhh.....no...we can't dooo that", we need Samuel Jackson from "Pulp Fiction".

"What does the pilot group look like?"

"What?"

"Say what one more time M'Fer. I double dog dare you...What does the pilot group look like?"

"They wear uniforms"

"GO ON"

They fly the planes"

"DO THEY LOOK LIKE A BE-OTCH?"

"What?"
Bam!...right in the leg

Latest resources

Back