• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran DRC - judgement !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, guys, but the SWA posters have it right on this one. While it may be true that a gun was held to our heads, the position of the arbitrator was basically that a gun is held to your head in negotiations all the time, and it's up to you to decide whether the party holding the gun is going to pull the trigger or not (or whether it's even loaded). That's just bargaining. "Hard bargaining," to be sure, but most labor negotiations in the airline industry falls under that category. Hardly a negotiation goes by without the company threatening to shut down the airline, furlough employees, fire employees, whatever. It's just part of the game.

Coming from the guy who claims to not plan on staying in the first place.

Coming from the guy who claims to not plan on staying in the first place.

Which has what to do with my comment exactly?

Some of the SWA guys are not saying what you say they are saying there PCL. They say there was no gun figuratively. It makes sense they do not understand that. Sadly it looks like in the future they will the way things are going with the pre bankruptcy legacy attitude I am seeing on the line and with our profits competitively.

I think most of them understand that there were some veiled threats made. I don't think they're denying that. They're just denying that anyone from SWA actually came out and said "you're not going to be integrated if you don't do XYZ." And that's a true statement. That was never actually said. It was always vague crap like "we're working on Plan B" and "there are risks to not accepting the offer." Frankly, it was all very tame compared to the very explicit threats that Kolski used to make. "You go on strike and we'll shut this f_cking place down, you spoiled f_cks!" A little more threatening, I would say. But, of course, the people who ran the union when he was making those threats had the sense and experience to know that it was just BS and not worth getting everyone worked up over. I wish the people who listened to the watered down pseudo-threats from SWA had had that much sense.

The fools on our side fell for the threats also. SWA played both sides with the threats and both sides fell for it. SWAPA got rolled again. That's status quo here. Or the SWAPullie sales jobs and withholding information to get SWA job done. Our association err union is a joke.

SWA played both sides with the threats and both sides fell for it.

That's why people like me keep trying to tell you that Southwest management under the leadership of GK and VdV is no different than any other airline management team. When GK goes to these silly "Message to the Field" events every year and tells you how much he loves you (gag), it's all a bunch of bullsh__. The SWAPA group should be preparing itself for a traditional labor/management relationship. Not this silly fantasy that people like waveflyer like to pretend exists.

It was always vague crap like "we're working on Plan B" and "there are risks to not accepting the offer." Frankly, it was all very tame compared to the very explicit threats that Kolski used to make. "You go on strike and we'll shut this f_cking place down, you spoiled f_cks!" A little more threatening, I would say. But, of course, the people who ran the union when he was making those threats had the sense and experience to know that it was just BS and not worth getting everyone worked up over.

Yup. Ahh, the good ol' days. :D

What's SK up to these days? Can't exactly picture him in retirement . . . not exactly the "On Golden Pond" type. :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back