• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran cuts some more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BSkin.... Where is Delta getting 717's from? And since when did the sim operators know anything? .........Hey, my dad was up at Boeing the other day and talked to a secretary who said AAI is getting 787's... So, it must be so. My god, you guys would take the word of the hooker down the road from Alteon.. Delta isn't going to get any 717's. They aren't going to bring a new A/C online when they can only get a couple of them. I doesn't make any financial sense. My god, if they were going to get some they would have gottne MEH's old birds. There just isn't enough available. Now, if you said they were going to get a bunch of big ERJ's like JB, then I might believe it. But they aren't getting 717's...

Rumors abound......16 717s from Midwest, and a chunk more sitting in Mohave (used to fly for Impulse Air of Australia I believe). Boeing owes airlines money for delays in the 787 program, and delays due to their current strike, and that COULD be offset for great lease prices on certain used aircraft. The E190 would probably be a great fit at DL, but apparently Embrear wants leases lasting over 7 years per plane, and Boeing has promised a newer, 787-like 737 someday in the near future. But other than that-----all rumors. They would be used to replace DC9s, if the rumor was true.....Sounds like a good one to me. ;)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Anybody in Atlanta see the wonderful skywriting that's been going on the last few days promoting AirTran?:rolleyes:

Cut pilots, trim salaries, drop SAV, sell a/c and spend $ on skywriting. Watching it was kinda embrassing. By the time the guy got to the T in AIRTRAN, the A I R was already gone. Nice call Tad pole.

AJC article:
The Orlando-based airline, which has its main hub in Atlanta, hired a pilot to trace messages in the sky such as “AIRTRAN SALE” and “FLY AIRTRAN.” The skywriting ads started Tuesday and have run above the Georgia Dome, over downtown and in other parts around the metropolitan area. On Wednesday, AirTran planned to skywrite a message above the intersection of Highways 285 and 75 in the Cobb Galleria area at around 5 p.m.

“We wanted to get people talking about travel again,” said AirTran spokesman Tad Hutcheson. “We found that people are spending a lot of time talking about the election and the different parties and the platforms, and the economy.”
Skywriting is “relatively inexpensive,” Hutcheson said. He said AirTran hired a company from Griffin, Ga. to spray a foam that makes the message visible for 20 or 30 minutes. AirTran’s sale is for certain days of travel through Dec. 17, and is subject to some restrictions.

Last edited:
Anybody in Atlanta see the wonderful skywriting that's been going on the last few days promoting AirTran?:rolleyes:

Cut pilots, trim salaries, drop SAV, sell a/c and spend $ on skywriting. Watching it was kinda embrassing. By the time the guy got to the T in AIRTRAN, the A I R was already gone. Nice call Tad pole.

AJC article:
The Orlando-based airline, which has its main hub in Atlanta, hired a pilot to trace messages in the sky such as “AIRTRAN SALE” and “FLY AIRTRAN.” The skywriting ads started Tuesday and have run above the Georgia Dome, over downtown and in other parts around the metropolitan area. On Wednesday, AirTran planned to skywrite a message above the intersection of Highways 285 and 75 in the Cobb Galleria area at around 5 p.m.

“We wanted to get people talking about travel again,” said AirTran spokesman Tad Hutcheson. “We found that people are spending a lot of time talking about the election and the different parties and the platforms, and the economy.”
Skywriting is “relatively inexpensive,” Hutcheson said. He said AirTran hired a company from Griffin, Ga. to spray a foam that makes the message visible for 20 or 30 minutes. AirTran’s sale is for certain days of travel through Dec. 17, and is subject to some restrictions.

I saw that the other day too. Although at that altitude, the 60mph winds made it difficult to read. On downwind, we could only read "SALE" before the wind wiped it out.

Maybe management can just drop leaflets next time. They'll last longer.

Management..... :rolleyes:

General..... I don't think those MEH planes are available. Ive been told several of them are going to Hawaiin, but I'm not 100% sure........ IF you guys want those Aussie planes sitting in the heat, feel free. From what ive been told AAI looked at them and they were so corroded that it would cost more money to get them flying then they are worth.... Just rumors, but thats what I heard..

Latest resources

Back