• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Crew Message-Jeff Miller

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what. I hope everybody has a very healthy and safe labor day weekend also. I also think that crew scheduling can go pound sand with their message they left this morning asking me to pick up the "many" open time opportunities available. I also hope that everybody, especially pilots NOT about to lose their job, uses their days off over the labor day weekend to enjoy their family or other activities and not help the company recover from some very bad decisions.

Have a very happy, safe, and healthy holidays. Enjoy your family and remember there are those of us that will be spending a LOT more time with our families wondering how we are going to support them and your decisions about "helping out the company" are hurting our chances of getting back on property.

To Squirrel and the many others about to be searching for work, I'm very sorry to hear that AAI is following through on the furlough and hope that it is very short-lived.

Having just lived through that time of having no job, trying to figure out how to feed the family, and the depression that comes from wondering "What did I get myself into with this company?", make sure you spend time with your family and insulate yourself from letting the worry affect them. There's nothing they can do to help, except make you realize what's REALLY important in life, and treasure them for it.

Going to go finish playing with my son, then off to do FEMA relief for the new hurricane about to hit MSY. Two large hurricanes in a flood area inside of a decade... "Here's your sign". I think God might be trying to tell some people something (besides let's build new condos on the beach in this area)...

Flight Fitness | The "I’m Safe" Checklist
I
Do I have an illness or any symptoms of an illness?
M
Have I been taking prescription or over-the-counter drugs?
S
Am I under psychological pressure from the job? Worried about financial matters, health problems or family discord?
A
Have I been drinking within eight hours? Within 24 hours?
F
Am I tired and not adequately rested?
E
Am I adequately nourished?

I love the recent--It would be great if you guys could help the company out and pick up trips on the 1st thru 3rd....Then go away at midnight on the 3rd---

Open time is disappering on Cpt side, ????
No open time on the 717 Captain until the September 4th. Been on reserve yesterday and today and have not even got called. With the amount of reserve coverage built in, I am not surprised to not get called.

Flight Fitness | The "I’m Safe" Checklist

I

Do I have an illness or any symptoms of an illness?

Have I been taking prescription or over-the-counter drugs?

S

Am I under psychological pressure from the job? Worried about financial matters, health problems or family discord?

Have I been drinking within eight hours? Within 24 hours?

F

Am I tired and not adequately rested?

E

Am I adequately nourished?

I= yes
M= maaaybe?
S= yes
A= no/yes
F=yes, refer to above question
E=no problem there

You won't have to worry about guys picking up open time. About 300 737 capts and 90 reserve lines???? They may be evil, but they're not stupid.

More than enough reserves to cover whatever comes up.

Its not Sept. that's the issue. When then holidays come, we wont have enough people to staff the airplanes anyway. No open time!

Latest resources

Back