Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran could be delisted and BK this month?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roughneck

I just heard that some "experts" expect AirTran stock to drop below a dollar in the next 30 days causing it to be delisted.

If the stock is delisted, the financial institutions will likely change the arrangement on credit card deposits much like what happenend to Frontier. This would likely trigger BK.

Very sad times in this industry.

Last edited:
any other conclusions to "jump to?"

you should look into oil speculation....hear they jump to a lot of conclusions too.

That could free up some gates in ATL...

First...it figures that this thread was started from somebody from SWA.

Second...read the 7/12 S&P excerpt below.

"We think AAI is likely to benefit from scaled
back industry capacity in its markets, allowing
for yield gains in excess of the industry average.
We do not believe the company, with $358
million in cash at the end of the first quarter, is
at risk of bankruptcy over the next year. The recent
sale of stock and debt added about $170
million to cash balances. However, high oil
prices are likely to drive large net losses over
the next two years, and we expect investor
sentiment on airline stocks to remain poor."

Shares do get delisted after a certain period of time under $1. per share, but unless things have changed, a Company can also do a "reverse split" . . . 3 shares converted to 1, for example, so 3 shares worth 90 cents become converted to 1 share worth $2.70

Can I get a ruling on this? Andy? Lowecur? InstructorDude (NOT!)

Just looked at our stock, $1.50. What a wonderful place to be right now. Management threatening to fire 177 pilots, no contract in 3 1/2 years, no foreign airlines to help bail us out, asking for pay cuts of 11% CA 8% FO, downgraded CA will take nearly a 58% paycut.

With this management team running this place I honestly don't think we"ll be around much longer. I used to stress about it, but I really don't care anymore. Looks like overseas flying is where I'll send my resume.

Just flew with 3 FO's in the last 3 days that are on the chopping block. All 3 are disgusted and sickened that they left previous airlines just to be terminated with no recall rights.

Also why hasn't the Union told us anything in several days. The NPA forums have been down for days and yet no one is telling us why.

any other conclusions to "jump to?"

you should look into oil speculation....hear they jump to a lot of conclusions too.

"It's a jump to conclusions mat. It has conclusions written on it...that you can...jump to."

Hate to break it to the LUVing guys that are salivating over the thought of our demise, but it takes a lot more than a momentary drop below $1/share to delist a stock. Rumors of our demise are greatly exaggerated.

Latest resources

Back