• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Class Dates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Class dates are every 3 weeks. Last class started this last monday 11/12. Last I heard was classes of 20-30. Guys are interviewing tue-thur. I heard 350 people hired next year. They were putting people into the next available class two months ago and from talking with people just hired it is still that way.

Class dates are every 3 weeks. Last class started this last monday 11/12. Last I heard was classes of 20-30. Guys are interviewing tue-thur. I heard 350 people hired next year. They were putting people into the next available class two months ago and from talking with people just hired it is still that way.

What is the aircraft assignment mix for newhires these days - 717 vs. 73G?

Last edited:
All depends when you are coming into class, when there are deliveries coming. I think the classes for the rest of the year will break down with more 737. I think we our taking 3 in Feb, a total of 5 for the first quarter.

Last edited:
Oct vacancy notice 2 classes Nov/Dec:
11/14 717 FO 12/16 737 FO

Nov vacancy notice Jan class:
13 717 FO 3 737 FO

Just a thought about a/c assignment:

Bid what fit your lifestyle, because the 717 and 737 does totally different type of flying. The 717 is more like regional, with block time of 1 to 2 hours, and the 737 is mostly trans-con or high density airport. If you can't sit for more than couple hours, 717 may fit better for you, because on 737, you may do a MCO->SAN, ground time of 29 minutes and DH back. The 717 has comparatively less "productivity sit" than the 737.

On the other hand, since AirTran does not have any more 717 delivery, the 737 will provide more stability when AirTran continues to grow.

Just a thought about a/c assignment:

Bid what fit your lifestyle, because the 717 and 737 does totally different type of flying. The 717 is more like regional, with block time of 1 to 2 hours, and the 737 is mostly trans-con or high density airport. If you can't sit for more than couple hours, 717 may fit better for you, because on 737, you may do a MCO->SAN, ground time of 29 minutes and DH back. The 717 has comparatively less "productivity sit" than the 737.

On the other hand, since AirTran does not have any more 717 delivery, the 737 will provide more stability when AirTran continues to grow.

huh??

Latest resources

Back