Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CatfishVT9

Anti-Democrat
Holy crap! I thought they'd never call! Interviewed nearly a month ago and got the call about about 5:00 tonight. Class of 16 to start indoc on the 27th.

I'm turning in my apron, I'm Mr. Mom no more!!!!!!

Catfish:D

Freddie,

It's a really tough call between two great companies. I do have an interview on 12 May with JetBlue. I'm still trying to figure out if I should go to it or not. I'd like to hear what they have to say, but at the same time, I don't want to waste anyone's time or burn a bridge.

When I break it all down, it seems that the ATL base and expansion plans fit very well for me.

I'm just so pumped up after zero interest in my resume until now. It fells REALLY good to finally have a firm job offer. That tells me though that those huge stacks of resumes at SWA, JB and AirTran are getting smaller (at least a little) so you guys that are waiting will get your chance.

Back to the bar.........

Catfish;)

I would go for the interview. What am I talking about? I did go to the interview after starting ground school at AirTran. You might end up arriving in a dilemma, but you won't leave in a funk!

Go to your Jetblue interview and go with an open mind.

I agree AirTran is a great place, especially for someone wanting to live in the South. However, classes do get cancelled, and things change. You DO NOT have an ID yet.

You might just like JB. When I interviewed back in 01, several other companies were still hiring. Al Spain said he knew this was "a two way interview". JB wanted the right kind of folks, but that also meant they wanted folks to understand what the company was about. He told several anecdotal stories, including one about a guy who passed on an AA class to join the JB team after bringing his wife BACK to NY just to see the JetBlue staff at Kew Gardens.

I think you'll stick with AT, but you won't know if you don't go. Also...if you class gets rolexed until Jul, then Sep, then Dec...well...you will HATE yourself for not at least giving JB a closer look.

And...most important...if you get 2 offers you can live in the special "looking over your shoulder purgatory" that a bunch of folks are lucky enough (or unlucky enough) to experience. ;)

Good luck in any case and thanks for your 20+ of service to this great county.

Albie has it right. It never hurts to keep the interview. The more information you have in your hand always helps. I would go and put on your best. Congrats!!

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

I think I probably will go ahead and go to the interview. Both of these companies have been at the top of my most desired list for quite some time. Depending on which way the wind blew, I would favor one over the other as the top pick.

Now it's a little strange to be really trying to decide between the two of them, after contemplating (gasp!) going to a regional, or laying out big bucks for a 737 type. No offense to SWA guys, but that's some serious coin to drop in the hopes of getting an interview. I was close though.

Albie, I had already thought about the sliding classes. I know of a guy who got hired by AirTran last fall, then called by World to interview and he didn't go. My old boss had the same scenario and chose World. He started flying right away and loves the company. We all know the first guy slid until now.

My first squadron CO used to say: "Never up, never in.":D

Catfish

Catfish, it's just a guess on my part, but I think sliding classes are just about over. We have 737 deliveries looming in June and each month thereafter. Not that many junior FOs are bidding over. They will have to be filled by new hires. They will also be hiring into the 717.

Good luck. And welcome aboard!

Catfish, congrats on your class date. Did Greta give you any idea as to whether the May 27th class was full yet and if so any idea when they might be running another class? Thanks and good luck!!

I didn't get many details from our conversation. Too much crap running through my head to ask good questions. She did say 16 in the 27 May class. If I recall correctly, Jill Nidiffer said when I interviewed that there were 3 pooled from last fall to start then too (as part of that 16 I assume).

Just a guess, end of June for the next one?

Latest resources

Back