AirTran B737's in Amman Jordan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

batsky2000

I just flew out of Amman today and saw 2 AirTran B737's parked outside on a ramp. Do you guys have your maintenance done there or did you sell them off to someone there? I know it is not for Royal Jordanian Airlines since they only fly an airbus fleet. Just wondering, long way to go to have cheaper maintenance.

So, those Amman layovers I was bidding for in December aren't happening?

DAMN! And I was so looking forward to the wet-hajib contests! :rolleyes:

I guess you have not been to Amman in awhile, gas is not .35 per gallon, when we went past a gas station to go to the dead sea, the price was .435 Jordanian Dinars per liter, if you look up the exchange rate and the fact that about 4 liters equals a gallon, you will see at over $2.3 per gallon makes Jordan one of the most expensive places for gas in the middle east. On top of that, just general prices are pretty much as high as being in europe, sales tax is 16% on everything. So unlike the rest of the middle east, Jordan is very expensive

Jordan doesn't have any oil worth speaking of for an income source. They have a thriving tourism industry with all the history in the region, but they don't fit our stereotypical view of the Arab world. They are also among the most westernized of the Arab nations.

There are a number of N registered aircraft there at any given time, more at Marka (at least by my observation) than at Queen Alia.

And, yeah, I'd go for a wet hijab contest over there any day. Lots of worthy wet hijab-fillers in the area. They have packs of mall-doggies over there just like we do here!

A wet hijab contest!

And, yeah, I'd go for a wet hijab contest over there any day. Lots of worthy wet hijab-fillers in the area. They have packs of mall-doggies over there just like we do here!

Yeah . . . . just like over here . . . except for that "honor killing" thing . . . and that genital mutilation thing . . . . but, other than that, just like over here. :rolleyes:.

TW

OK, well, I don't remember seeing anything like that in the news taking place in Jordan, but maybe I missed it. I don't watch that much TV! Either way, I've seen a lot more tight fitting denim on the gals over there than any of the more traditional hijabs, niqabs, burkas, whatever you want to call them.

I presume you mean the Charger? :D Thanks - been enjoying her company since 1985!

Actually both are nice rides but I was referring to the Charger. I had the chance to buy an original Challenger back about 12 years ago, still kicking myself for not buying it. Then there was the original 1967 Mustang that I let go at the Charlotte Auto Fair 6 years ago.... oh well.

Latest resources

Back