Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sayagain? texanpilot et al...

Thanks for yr words of wisdom.
Yesterday I contacted a former colleague of mine from another airline who's now @ ATA & finished IOE on the -800 a few weeks ago. I asked him outright if he would do a LOR & he said sure. So, am keeping fingers crossed that the "system" works.

By the way, in our 20 min conversation, he r-iterated everything all you guys said about the company. I have not heard a single bad word about ATA either on this board or indeed, anywhere else.

Once again, thank you. It's nice to know that there are some folks out there who are willing to go the extra mile to help out others who are down on their luck in these tough times. I hope to return the favor someday.

Yes, ATA looks like a beautiful carrier!
One thing negative is, the Airline Training Academy owner who who put so many students in a dead end flies for ATA, but thats about it.................the airline sure is beautiful, especially the planes!

Someone mentioned the 737 pay a while back. Does anyone here have the actual comparison between ata and sw pay?

Is the pay scale the same without regard of the equipment you fly? For instance, 737, 757 - same pay regarding seniority.

What'chu talkin' 'bout Dimitry???

Alaskaairlines said: "One thing negative is, the Airline Training Academy owner who who put so many students in a dead end flies for ATA"

One guy at ATA ran a shady flight school, and that is a negative for the rest of the airline?? How do you figure?? How does what one guy does in his own personal business make for a bad mark for the airline??

Alaskaairlines also asked: "Is the pay scale the same without regard of the equipment you fly? "

No, it depends on equipemt, up to a point, then the 737 and 757 pay the same, then diverge again. My situation for example, 4th 757 FO, effective July 1, 03, pay is the same on the 737 or 757. But a 9-12+ year FO on the 757 makes more than a 737 FO, 3rd year is the same, second year the 757 is more, 1st year is the same no matter what plane. L-10 pays more than either the 757 or 737.

p.b. asked: "Someone mentioned the 737 pay a while back. Does anyone here have the actual comparison between ata and sw pay"

That stuff is available on the many contract websites out there, it would take forever to type it all on here. Check here: http://airlinepilotcontracts.com/Contracts/index.htm Both ATA and SWA are included.

ATR-DRIVR asked: "Oh, how do you like the 757-300's?"
It carries alot of people and it is a dog when full. When you are heavy and start to clean up, if you have CL2 selected that power comes WAAAAAYYYYY back and in the back it sounds like the engines have been shut down. Combine that with going from flaps 20 to flaps 5 and you almost have to descend just to keep the speed going up. But if you are expecting that you can deal with it. Or just select CL2 after cleaning up instead of preselecting, or stop the flaps at 15 before going to 5.

Last edited:
Thought that would come up that way, it really has nothing to do with the carrier, other than its a employee.

Does upgrade take that long at ATA, 9-12yrs?

Alaskaairlines asked: "Does upgrade take that long at ATA, 9-12yrs?"

No, it is running about 5 years these days. The pay scale goes up to 12 years, I was just giving the particulars of that example.

crashpad said: "If and when ATA and it's pilots seek to remove this individual from their employment, you can bet my respect level for ATA will go way, way up."

And how do you suggest we go about doing that??

Yes, what this guy did is very bad and is very wrong, but there are dirtballs at any company, in any industry. This guy did nothing against any company policies, so there is nothing the company can do. He did nothing against the ALPA by-laws, so there can be no article VIII (I think that is the right article....) proceedings. You are opening a major can of worms by saying that a company, the union, or individual employees should go on witch hunts and investigate or follow up on others findings of fellow employees.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back