AirTran Announces LAX And LAS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

altimaklr

Well - the rumors have been rampant...but it's finally here...new LAX and LAS service starts with A320s from Ryan International....configured in 12/150...

AirTran Airways Announces Westward Expansion
Airline to Serve Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Denver from Atlanta Hub

ORLANDO, Fla. (March 4, 2003) - AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today announced that starting this summer the low-fare airline will commence service to three Western cities: Los Angeles, Calif; Las Vegas, Nev.; and Denver, Colo. The airline will offer two daily flights to all three cities from its Atlanta hub, with fares as low as $99 one-way.

The service to Denver will be operated using Boeing 717 aircraft with 12 Business Class and 105 coach seats. The service to Los Angeles and Las Vegas will be operated initially by AirTran Airways' marketing partner, Ryan International Airlines, using Airbus A-320 aircraft with 12 Business Class and 150 coach seats.

"This is a big day for AirTran Airways," stated Joe Leonard, chairman and chief executive officer. "We have been looking forward to announcing service to the West Coast, as these are the biggest cities to which we currently don't fly, and are the most requested by our customers. This is an important expansion of our Atlanta hub network and we expect to stimulate tremendous demand throughout the Southeast to these top West coast destinations."

Listed below are the new nonstop flights to Los Angeles effective June 4, 2003, and Las Vegas effective June 11, 2003, and to Denver effective May 21, 2003:

Atlanta - Los Angeles:
Departs Arrives Frequency

9:40 a.m. 11:30 a.m. Daily
8:50 p.m. 10:20 p.m. Daily

Los Angeles - Atlanta:

12:30 p.m. 7:50 p.m. Daily
11:45 p.m. 6:55 a.m. (next day) Daily

Atlanta - Las Vegas:

10:00 a.m. 11:25 a.m. Daily
9:00 p.m. 10:25 p.m. Daily, except Tuesday and Wednesday

Las Vegas - Atlanta:

12:25 p.m. 7:20 p.m. Daily
11:45 p.m. 6:30 a.m. (next day) Daily, except Tuesday and Wednesday

Atlanta - Denver:

9:45 a.m. 10:55 a.m. Daily
1:10 p.m. 2:20 p.m. Daily

Denver - Atlanta:

11:40 a.m. 4:40 p.m. Daily
3:05 p.m. 8:05 p.m. Daily

To celebrate the new service, AirTran Airways is offering special introductory fares as low as $99 one-way between Atlanta and the three cities. All introductory fare tickets must be purchased by May 6, 2003, and travel must be completed by July 16, 2003. Listed below are sample one-way fares (fares are valid in either direction).

Introductory
Fare Lowest
Walk-up Business
Class
Atlanta-Los Angeles $99 $249 $399
Atlanta-Las Vegas $99 $299 $349
Atlanta-Denver $99 $114 $284

AirTran Airways is America's second-largest low-fare airline - employing 5,000 professional Crew Members and serving 448 flights a day to 41 destinations. The airline's hub is at Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport, the world's busiest airport (by passenger volume), where it is the second largest carrier operating 172 flights a day. The airline never requires a roundtrip purchase or Saturday night stay, and offers an affordable Business Class, assigned seating, easy online booking and check-in, the A-Plus Rewards frequent flier program, and the A2B corporate travel program. AirTran Airways is the world's largest operator of the Boeing 717, the most modern, environmentally friendly aircraft in its class. For reservations, visit airtran.com (America Online Keyword: AirTran), call AirTran Airways at 800-AIRTRAN (800-247-8726) or 770-994-8258 (in Atlanta) or your travel agent.

FlyDeltasJets

What's wrong.... seeing that 250k per year captains seat swirling the drain at the big D??

I know a guy who will do heart surgery for 150 bucks.

Why would anyone go to anyone else?

Well, if I knew that this surgeon was just as qualified and fell under the same safety regulations as any other surgeon, and gave me the same end product, I'd jump all over it.

Now, I'm not an airline pilot and don't know the particulars of the majors fighting against the LCC's, but as a middle class consumer - if I were looking to get from ATL to LAX, I can't think of one reason not to pick AirTran in this case (unless of course, some other carrier is offering the same route for even less!).

I enjoy flying just as a hobby, I am not a "wannabe pilot." I can totally see your point but I have been raped by Delta too many times when flying to cities where they have no competition.

I dont need the heart surgery but does anyone know someone that will change a head gasket in a 92 BMW for less than $800 ???

And the reason the AirTran pilots are allowing another airline to fly under their name is????????????????????????????

Latest resources

Back