• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Announces LAX And LAS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That question has been answered on another thread, but the short answer is that AirTran has no aircraft that can fly these routes, so the union and company entered into an agreement to allow this temporary subservice so that AirTran can enter these markets now, instead of waiting for aircraft to be ordered, delivered, pilots trained, etc. All of which will be happening, just not by June.

Originally posted by FlyDeltasJets
I know a guy who will do heart surgery for 150 bucks.

Why would anyone go to anyone else?

FDJ-

You can say whatever you want about AirTran undercutting DAL, but don't even start insinuating that we are somehow less safe.

By October, our oldest airplane will probably be newer than your newest one, and I guarantee you that our pilots are flying them just as safely as yours . . . . after all, many of our FO's are your former ASA and Comair Captains. . . . which operate 49% of yur ASM's.

Last edited:
Oh God, watch out, Airtran (via Ryan Intl Airlines) is offering a total of 320 (?) total seats a day to the LA area---which has over 9 million people, and Jetblue is offering 480 (?) seats from ATL to LGB!!!! Delta should drop all of the routes to Socal---the competition for those 9 million people is too steep!!! I think there is room for everyone, right? (Yeah, we need to look into heart surgery----give me a break!)

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :D

All I have to say is that Air Tran's bigwigs must be doing something right. Expansion and positive growth in the airlines is paramount at this stage of the game.

Just my $.02
Skyking:D

FlyDeltasJets said:
I know a guy who will do heart surgery for 150 bucks.

Why would anyone go to anyone else?

If you truly are a pilot, then you are by nature a cheap bast*rd.
Therefore, if all you're risking is a 10$ co-pay, why not give him a shot???

Latest resources

Back