• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran announces BOS/IAD & JBL trumps it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Economics aside, if I were a paying customer and had to choose between AirTran and jetBlue, I'd go with jetBlue every time.

Just my opinion.

Small correction

Purpledog said:
I DH'd on a US Air 190 a while ago. Nice plane with new car smell! However,when I can get a Biz class ticket from the company, I'll take the 717 any day. My 2 ¢

No you did not. You DH'ed on a US Air 170, JB is the launch customer and nobody flies them yet but JB and they only have 5 so far.

Lowecur, the PR dept at JB must have you on their payroll. Section 6: contract not amendable till Sept 2006, but we could have opened in Sept and the company asked to slide it till APR. Will they open in APR, don't know, but we are not making $79 an hour to fly 100 people up and down the east coast either. Fuel hedging: Minus the fuel hedging we still would be profitable, and yea even more profitable than JB. As far as EJet reliability, there is not enough time on the jets to sat they have been tested. Give them 10 years of flexing then come back and tell us they are tested. The great part about this industry is each day is a new adventure. JB is a good airline, AirTran doesn't fear them and neithier does SWA, respect yes fear no. Unlike Delta and American, AirTran and SWA have money and more importantly near equal seat costs and equipment to support the routes. Isn't competition great. I suspect SWA will go into BOS and IAD within the next two years, better hope those business guys like watching TV.

OffHot said:
Now Ty our 737's at SWA put more cabbage in the pocket than your 717's

Yeah, but I didn't have to wait 6 years to get to fly with my favorite captain every day!

Ty Webb said:
Yeah, but I didn't have to wait 6 years to get to fly with my favorite captain every day!

Haaaa, wait your right, but I do make as much as you, so there. Oh yea my dog is better than your dog too.

I suspect SWA will go into BOS and IAD within the next two years, better hope those business guys like watching TV.[/quote]

are you remotely considering that SWA is the preferred ride to jetblue or airtran given the same fares and same city pairs?

smoking crack is BAD for your health!

wndshr said:
are you remotely considering that SWA is the preferred ride to jetblue or airtran given the same fares and same city pairs?

I'm suggesting that we have frequency and options that at the present time JB can't compete against. Your three to six flights a day don't give the business traveler the option that 10 to 12, TV or not.

OffHot said:
Lowecur, the PR dept at JB must have you on their payroll. Nope, I like em cuz they bought the 190, and I'll like you just as much when you buy the 175. Section 6: contract not amendable till Sept 2006, but we could have opened in Sept and the company asked to slide it till APR. Will they open in APR, don't know, but we are not making $79 an hour to fly 100 people up and down the east coast either. Yet.:) Fuel hedging: Minus the fuel hedging we still would be profitable, and yea even more profitable than JB. I agree. As far as EJet reliability, there is not enough time on the jets to sat they have been tested. Give them 10 years of flexing then come back and tell us they are tested. OK! The great part about this industry is each day is a new adventure. JB is a good airline, AirTran doesn't fear them and neithier does SWA, respect yes fear no. I disagree. I think Joe, Bob, Herb and Gary are shaking in their collective boots.:laugh: Unlike Delta and American, AirTran and SWA have money and more importantly near equal seat costs and equipment to support the routes. Since when does AAI have near equal seat costs? 9.56 cents CASM for the year....you guys are below 8.Isn't competition great. I suspect SWA will go into BOS and IAD within the next two years, better hope those business guys like watching TV. I guess they could reduce Manchester, Providence, and Baltimore to do that, but I suspect JBL will be more pro-active in taking on WN than the other way around.;)

:beer:
:pimp:

Fit59 said:
Embraer has definitely come a long way since the Brasilia!!!
hey, what about the bandeirante? designed by a frenchman; built by portuguese-speaking south americans.

Latest resources

Back