• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran announces BOS/IAD & JBL trumps it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought Independence had the market from BOS to IAD in the 319's!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes: I really didin't. Sorry guys, I'm an ex-ACA'er.

IHATE PLANES said:
Not to make waves, but have you ever seen a E190 let alone been on one.
Here are some Quick facts. 14' longer and 9' wider that a 737-300,500. with no middle seat. 15' longer and 12'wider than a B717 with no middle seats. Fuel cost is 1/3+ less than a B717 with a hand full less seats. 4.5" wider in the seat with 28.5" recline. 8.5" TV sets with36 channels and full XM radio. The lease price is 3/4 the price of Airtran's B717. All $ info can be found on Wallstreetcity.com being that airliner are public. There is a reason that EMB is booked solid for 19 months and possibly 36 months if JB opts for another 100 E190s. NWA and USAir are chomping at the bit for these planes, because they are proven $ makers in this rotten industry. Personally I could care less, but this is why I bought a significant amount of JB stock in OCT. P.S. it just split 3/2 and I have prepaid my daughters first 2 years of college with the winnings.

Yeah, but my Dad can beat up your Dad.

Factor in the pay rates in the Embraer is most definitely a more efficient airplane than the 717 or the 737-300/500.

Here are some Quick facts. 14' longer and 9' wider that a 737-300,500. with no middle seat. 15' longer and 12'wider than a B717 with no middle seats.

Why don't you get your facts straight before you post them? The E190 does not have a wider cabin, and if its wingspan is wider, who cares?

Also, the lease rates for our aircraft are not part of our SEC filings. Someone has removed your brain and packed your head full of dog-doo.

I'll let you in on another little secret . . . the 717 is much more efficient in the most important category- the amount of cabbage it puts in your pocket. Have fun in your EMB.

Here are some Quick facts. 14' longer and 9' wider that a 737-300,500. with no middle seat. 15' longer and 12'wider than a B717 with no middle seats. Fuel cost is 1/3+ less than a B717 with a hand full less seats. 4.5" wider in the seat with 28.5" recline. 8.5" TV sets with36 channels and full XM radio. The lease price is 3/4 the price of Airtran's B717. All $ info can be found on Wallstreetcity.com being that airliner are public. There is a reason that EMB is booked solid for 19 months and possibly 36 months if JB opts for another 100 E190s.
I DH'd on a US Air 190 a while ago. Nice plane with new car smell! However,when I can get a Biz class ticket from the company, I'll take the 717 any day. My 2 ¢

IHATE PLANES said:
Here are some Quick facts. 14' longer and 9' wider that a 737-300,500. with no middle seat. 15' longer and 12'wider than a B717 with no middle seats. Fuel cost is 1/3+ less than a B717 with a hand full less seats. 4.5" wider in the seat with 28.5" recline. 8.5" TV sets with36 channels and full XM radio. The lease price is 3/4 the price of Airtran's B717. All $ info can be found on Wallstreetcity.com being that airliner are public. There is a reason that EMB is booked solid for 19 months and possibly 36 months if JB opts for another 100 E190s. NWA and USAir are chomping at the bit for these planes, because they are proven $ makers in this rotten industry. Personally I could care less, but this is why I bought a significant amount of JB stock in OCT. P.S. it just split 3/2 and I have prepaid my daughters first 2 years of college with the winnings.

Quick note here young Yeager, a 737-300 is 105" 7" while the -500 is 97' 9". But your right we do have middle seats

Now Ty our 737's at SWA put more cabbage in the pocket than your 717's, at least this week, who knows about next week. But I agree with you, JB gets an untested aircraft, yet they tell us how ineffecient we have all of a sudden become. There is a lot more to seat cost mile than salary and fuel burn. Our jets are paid for so how does that compare to a leased 190, or we use our jets more hours in a day than xyz airline. All your predictions about the 190 might be true, lets look back on this in 5 years after you go through one full mx cycle.

OffHot said:
Now Ty our 737's at SWA put more cabbage in the pocket than your 717's, at least this week, who knows about next week. How true! And with no Section 6 talks, it looks like the contract will continue till Herb calls a meeting in 2008 and says they have just ordered the E-175.:) But I agree with you, JB gets an untested aircraft, yet they tell us how ineffecient we have all of a sudden become. They do? Shame on them. Who's the bad guy who said all these terrible things?. However, I do think the E-jets have enough hours on them not to qualify as untested. There is a lot more to seat cost mile than salary and fuel burn. The 190 will not outCASM the 737NG on most WN routes. What they will do is take lean routes and make them very profitable, by pass most hubs on the 1000 to 2000nm route, and they are the perfect Shuttle A/C for the high frequency quick turn-around markets. Our jets are paid for so how does that compare to a leased 190, or we use our jets more hours in a day than xyz airline. You win!:D All your predictions about the 190 might be true, lets look back on this in 5 years after you go through one full mx cycle. Will Gary still be buying fuel oil hedges in 2010?

lowecur said:
Lots of problems with Honeywell software the first 6 months on the 170, but that problem seems to be ironed out. I think Embraer has delivered close to 100 E-jets. The 190 will have it's teething problems(as the 320 picked up a few of the routes), but all in all they will work just fine in a few months as more spares come on line.

Air Canada received the 100th E-jet recently. I thought it was a little ironic, considering Canada is the home of Bombardier... I flew on an AC 175 the other day from ATL to YYZ and was really impressed. Embraer has definitely come a long way since the Brasilia!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back