• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran and H2O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Steeler fan, how 'bout dem dirty birds? When you upgrade are you going to still call me telling you won't be on the dead head flight?
I start with a full bottle and whatevers left goes to the hotel with me. Mgmt says once we open a bottle it's ours. Good enough for me

Last edited:
Do you have a copy of the infamous water memo you cite? You will find water is boarded specifically for the cockpit on many segments due to stage length. The memo was more in line with the short haul flying and the fact that there are not an unlimited number of water bottles on board the aircraft. If you are in the air for an hour is it a big deal not to have your own personal water bottle? We flew for many many years without the GenX pacifier of a water bottle. You kids these days are something else.

At a buck 23 an hour and 400.00/month for health insurance, screw'em if I can't have as much water as I want. Goes for the Fridays chips and biscoffs. I've been known to take a whole sleeve of 'em. You sound like some of the old company farts we have here, roll over and take what they give you because you're a friend of the VP of flight ops. We kids are the ones that trying to make things better here and just not being happy we have a job. We'd ask for United plus one but we're looking for at least a little raise

We'd ask for United plus one but we're looking for at least a little raise
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Old 32 is so obvious! Its such a shame he just can't get past his hatred for LCC's. Imagine how much he must hate TED pilots!

Thats not shocking considering how much they make and the fact that you have to provide your own hotel during training.

Airtran is like the Mesa of LCCs

I am familiar with Mesa and AirTran. please don't drink and type. you're going to hurt yourself.

Yes, they asked via memo in crewtrac.

Most of us then went right to our planes and began preflighting.

Lead f/a: "Would either of you like anything from the galley?"
Me: "Yeah, the CA would like a can of diet coke with ice and I'd like a bottle of water and a cup of ice, pleas."
Her: "Here you go."
Me: "Thank you".

End of discussion. It's just not prudent to get in and out of your seat on each 1 hour leg on the 717 and ask for water much less security issues aside.

I've had kidney stones. They hurt. Badly. Doctor says staying hydrated and taking a leak whe necessary are the best solutions. So now I hit the head at every station and get a new bottle of water at every staion.

We should not have to jeopardize our health for company policy that doesn't stock enough water (we have plenty of space to put it).

No one should.

End of discussion. It's just not prudent to get in and out of your seat on each 1 hour leg on the 717 and ask for water much less security issues aside.

I've had kidney stones. They hurt. Badly. Doctor says staying hydrated and taking a leak whe necessary are the best solutions. So now I hit the head at every station and get a new bottle of water at every staion.

We should not have to jeopardize our health for company policy that doesn't stock enough water (we have plenty of space to put it).

No one should.

Copy dat, Copy dat.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back